Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1794 Discussions

Poor performance Red Dead Redemption 2 night and lighting

addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good night

Once again, I open a new thread with another problem that I am having and it is different. When I play Red Dead Redemption 2 with Vulkan it is lower than the FPS and drops quite a bit at night, that is, the lighting in any areas drops, Remember I'm playing Vulkan, I use Rockstar Games Launcher to start the game Red Dead Redemption 2, Apart from that I would like the temperature issue to improve to at least 73 and 74 degrees with a peak of 75, the fans go at 2016 RPM, which should go 2100 or 2200 RPM, you must correct it using fan optimization drivers, that is what the correct drivers are for, I also show you the graphics how it is configured and also at the same time the performance and also the lighting at night, many areas where there is lighting drops FPS, that is, low performance 63 FPS, I would like it since I use Vulkan, I would like it to have both lighting and at night 90 FPS reaches, You must correct the lighting at night, no graphics, for example NVIDIA and AMD passes that thing, it does it and passes it on Intel Arc A770, That is a weak point, I would like you to correct it, Also DX12 I would like you to correct that Now the graphics perform better DX12 95 to 100 FPS I will send you a video, and a photo and I will send you a photo of several areas where it falls at night let's go lighting, please this is something important for you, Remember, the drivers are updated and I also uninstalled the drivers completely, you already have the same files, the fans must be working with that game with Red Dead Redemption 2 2100 or 2200 RPM and the temperature drops a little because of the drivers The old one remained at 74 and 75 degrees and now since you launch new drivers it increases constantly to 76 and 77, I repeat let's see if you can do it using drivers and reach an agreement, improve the lighting and at night in the game with a drop in FPS performance

The game runs: Rockstar Games Launcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsfvLMyQNw4&ab_channel=DavidDeLucasRuiz 

0 Kudos
17 Replies
addelucas123
New Contributor II

That is, if I increase the Red Dead Redemption 2 Vulkan 1920x1080 graphics and the Intel Arc A770 temperature is set to 78 degrees and the VRAM temperature is set to 84 degrees, does that mean that the temperature is normal? And on the other hand, if for some time 78 degrees went to 80 degrees, the GPU would still have a normal temperature, right?

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
The consumption of the Intel Arc A770 graphics of Red Dead Redemption 2 goes from 189 to 191 watts, I will still send you a photo and serious problem, performance at night, lighting and it drops to 40 49 FPS, all at maximum what the game gives without activating MSAA.
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. As a gamer I understand is frustrating when a game is not running as expected, I will be more than glad to help you.  

I see you are reporting two issues and one is related to the temperature, to keep this thread organized and help you in the best way, please open a new thread for the temperature issue and we will be happy to help you.

To understand the situation in a better way, please answer the following questions:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good afternoon

Let's see the graphics card is Intel Arc A770 16GB Limited Edition

The problem I have is the new drivers and I have been doing this for months, that is, the new updated drivers

In the past, the old drivers were better for me in temperature, they were always at 75 and 76 degrees, now they are at 77 and 78 degrees with the graphics at maximum with Vulkan with Red Dead Redemption 2 and also the fan curves were a little faster 2100 RPM, on the other hand, the lighting also falls at night, please keep in mind, I don't see that as normal

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your response and for completing the steps.

Remember in this thread I will help you with the performance issue, for the temperature issue, please open a new thread to help you in the best way.

Please follow the steps below and let me know the results, and see in the Intel® SSU there are some pending updates:

• Is the Resizable Bar enabled? If it is enabled, the graphics will have a better performance.
  • Have you clean installed the graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4887 with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)? If you haven't, you can use the article How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver for guidance. This is to double check if the behavior changes.
  • Update BIOS to the latest version 1903, for guidance you can contact the motherboard manufacturer. We always recommend to have the system up to date.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Andrés, resizable BAR is enabled, and I have already done a clean uninstallation of the Intel Arc A770 drivers with the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) program, and I reinstalled the latest version of drivers 31.0.101.4887, and the problem still persists

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your answer and for keeping us informed.

I will start with an investigation to provide you with the next steps as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Here I will talk about the problem of nocturnal or nocturnal as your country calls it, The problem I have is at night illumination, performance drops sharply and with the graphics at maximum, No graphics performance drops sharply on any graphics card, be it NVIDIA AND AMD, Just pass the Intel Arc graphics and I will send you an image of where the performance drops at night, remember I play Red Dead Redemption 2 on Vulkan

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your reply, and for keeping me informed.

I will wait for you to share the image of the performance, at the meantime I will continue with the issue reproduction.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
I accidentally accepted the solution, I'm not going to close the thread, I want to send you the image I accidentally gave you, let's see any AMD graphics, NVIDIA INTEL must have a minimum consumption of the game, that is, the graphics for the triple AAA game, for example Red Dead Redemption 2, if it is 189 or 191 watts it should be less than 175 or 179 watts at least, then I will send you a photo and I will explain what it means
0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Here is the image, as I said, of the consumption of the Intel Arc A770 graphics card. I don't know if the higher consumption is better or worse. I still give you advice, try, I don't know, an example of 175 w vs 190 w to see if the consumption is correct. linked to that temperature or not, you should still improve through drivers and the game red dead redemption 2 must be at 75% running the fans that is 2530 RPM or 2550 RPM it does not make noise or anything

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your clarification, that it going to help a lot for the reproduction.

I will continue with it, as soon I have the results, I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
And finally, to close the thread, if I set it to automatic and the temperature reaches between 83 and 84 degrees, it would be normal, that is, below 90, right?
0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
I was wrong about this site, it has been a mistake
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your time.

I wanted to let you know that we are still working on reproducing the problem and that we should have results soon. I will notify you as soon as I have them.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123, 

Thank you for your time and patience. 

We have been working on the investigation of this issue, I compared the performance on Vulkan in the same scenario and it shows similar behavior on FPS drops with the graphics card RTX 3060. I suggest you use DX12 with vSync off for the best performance on this title at the moment

I recommend you report the Vulkan implementation in-game to the game developer, for further assistance.

For now, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

I think I've confused you. If I use DX12 in Red Dead Redemption 2, it's okay at 144Hz, okay, my monitor doesn't have Gsync and Freesync, my monitor doesn't have that technology, that's what to start with. The second thing is if I set 144Hz and activate the vertical synchronization of the game, okay. What would Red Dead Redemption 2 be? It shoots me at 1 FPS, I must deactivate it and I must set it to 50Hz, and if I set 50Hz I am not taking advantage of what my monitor shows at 144Hz. This is a driver problem. Let's come to a conclusion now, please.

0 Kudos