Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1593 Discussions

Problem with the game Batman arkham knight on intel arc

bandiera
Beginner

Good morning everyone. I have a problem with Batman arkham alone. Indeed at the beginning impossible to launch the game, or else, it turned to 2-3fps (the game did not recognize my Intel arc 750 graphics card and detected Microsoft Basic Drivers). After searching on the internet, I copied a dxgi.dll file which to all solved. (the game worked perfectly from a fluidity point of view etc). However , color problems , the screen became green , purple continuously at times. So, I deleted this file and then I copied other DXKV files. The game releases my gpu again, no more display problems. Nevertheless, the FPS rate is very unstable.
Thank you for the help you can give me.

Ps: The drivers are up to date and I have a very recent pc.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello bandiera,

We appreciate your patience.

We would like to let you know we have been able to replicate this issue internally, and we are now investigating this matter under bug ID 14019018958. Unfortunately, we can't promise any ETA regarding this matter.

To void duplicate efforts, since this process requires further effort on our part, we are considering closing this case. However, before doing so, we would like to know if you agree with this.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello bandiera

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are having issues playing  Batman Arkham knight.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What is the game Distribution Service ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)?
  • Does the issue occur if you use different drivers?
  • Is the issue present if you lower the graphics settings?
  • Is Resizable Bar Enabled on your system?
  • Is the issue related to a specific game stage?
  • Shared with us a screenshot showing the Game video setting you are currently using.
  • For reproduction purposes, could you share a step-by-step of the issue you experience? If it is possible, a video will be ideal.
  • Also, to gather the information that will help us troubleshoot your issue, please provide us with a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU).
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
bandiera
Beginner

Thank you so much for your help.
. I use Epic and steam (same issue).
Same problem with different pilots;
. Same if I lower the grpahisms
. This option is enabled
. When I don’t have a dxgi.dll file in the game files, it runs at 3 fps. If I use the dxgi file found on a forum, the game is stable but has a display bug . Otherwise when I use the latest version available on github then the game becomes unstable but I have no display problem.
. I’m sending you everything.

dxgi (github): Version Release 2.1 · doitsujin/dxvk · GitHub

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello bandiera,

We appreciate the information provided.

Perform a clean installation of the latest production driver, 31.0.101.4146.  Sometimes corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates not to work as expected. It is important to mention that BETA releases are for targeted testing.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
bandiera
Beginner

This problem persisite according to the different drivers. Is a problem related to driver development? ( I specify that on the other games of the Batman arkham series , I have no problem). What else can I do to solve this problem that prevents me from taking full advantage of the 750 intel arc?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello bandiera,

Thank you for the information provided. 

We may need to further research this matter to confirm whether or not the issue is caused by the driver.

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jeremie
New Contributor I

Here’s a fix, do exactly what it says in the description , it’ll work: https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/2546-batman-arkham-knight-intel-gpu-detection-fix/

it’ll tell you to add the downloaded files to the win64 folder (found in binaries) but you need to unzip them first. Then there will be two files;

dxgi.dll and the tweak application. The tweak application is optional so you can just copy and paste the dxgi file to the win64 folder, then launch the game and it should be able to detect your gpu now. 

please let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos
Jeremie
New Contributor I
This is probably the only way to fix this detection problem, I myself have updated my gpu to the latest version and that didn’t help at all
0 Kudos
bandiera
Beginner

Thank you for your answer, after downloading this file, the gpu is detected but I have a display problem with the lights. Can you tell me if you have already met him, if so how to correct him? I join you a video taken from the attached game.

0 Kudos
Jeremie
New Contributor I

Are you talking about the detective mode? Maybe you disabled depth of field in the config file,If that’s the problem try setting depth of field to=True 

0 Kudos
Jeremie
New Contributor I
Tell me any settings in the config file you set to False that may be the problem
0 Kudos
bandiera
Beginner

Can you tell me where is this file ( or its name as I would like not to waste your time and give you the right information , there is a lot of file and I do not know which one corresponds to the graphic settings)

0 Kudos
Jeremie
New Contributor I
Maybe the bloom is disabled in graphics settings
0 Kudos
Jeremie
New Contributor I
Actually, disable bloom, light shafts, and any graphics setting relate to lights, I’m not sure about it but try that.
0 Kudos
bandiera
Beginner

Thank you, I’ll try. To turn that off, or do I have to go?

0 Kudos
Jeremie
New Contributor I
Typically these will be stored under your steam apps folder as in this example
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Config

In that folder locate the BMSystemSettings.ini file, open it with notepad
0 Kudos
Jeremie
New Contributor I
You can access it quicker by going in your steam library, right clicking it, and then “browse local files”
0 Kudos
adolfotr
Novice

after applying the fix indicated at this link https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/2546-batman-arkham-knight-intel-gpu-detection-fix/ the game still didn't start. Disabled bloom (acting on the file C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Batman Arkham Knight\Engine\Config\BaseSystemSettings.ini) the game starts. Thanks, I haven't tested whether it works yet but at least it starts.

Grazie a tutti.

0 Kudos
bandiera
Beginner

Thank you very much for taking your time for me. I’m going to try , to go back to one of your previous messages, my problem is not just the detective mode. I’ll let you know after testing with your advice.

0 Kudos
Jeremie
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
bandiera
Beginner

I disabled all the parameters with the light, I still have problems, I show you this. Can I do other things so you can help me? ( I can't understand , Batman arkham knight is the only game that causes me problem, even with the old Arkham series, no problem)

0 Kudos