Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1639 Discussions

[Question] Meta quest 3

Remlin379
New Contributor I

Hello, recently I had thoughts of buying meta quest 3

Unfortunately, i was also stupid enough to think supporting competition would be rewarding and got myself 8GB Arc a770. 

Apparently, THE MOST POPULAR vr headset line doesn't support this GPU. 

So my question is, is there a free way to use PCVR or is the only solution to use paid Virtual Desktop and play without support?

I also can't be sure it wasn't fixed, because some genius at meta thought that the app should only say it won't work AFTER you buy a headset. 

edit. Is Intel Arc actually supported by ANY headset?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I see that you are having issues with your Intel® Arc™ Graphics and your Meta quest 3, I will be more than happy to help you.  

What I can let you know if that Intel Arc graphics support for VR headsets continues to evolve as we ramp our products and add updates to our software stack.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

Ok can I interpret this as "Intel never had any intentions to develop anything in the VR area so we are using bots to answer all VR related posts with the exact same sentence to brush off the naggers"?

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

I would like to provide more information than the one provided before, but at this time I just can let you know that Intel is aware about the support issue with VR. I understand is really important for you to use VR without issues, and for that reason we are working really hard to find a solution as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

I just want to know if there is a headset that has a native support for Arc, without having to additionally buy VR desktop. Meta quest doesn't work, Pico 4 should (i've found that it should have received support in may) but still doesn't recognize arc, other headsets are extremely expensive and probably won't work too. Is there any way to play PCVR on Arc that's officially supported? If I wasn't clear, I'm talking about connection software (Air link, streaming assistant, etc.) because i haven't bought a headset yet.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

Thank you for your response.

I will start with an investigation to answer your question as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

Thank you for your time.

I have been working on the investigation to answer your question, and at the moment the only information that we have is that there is no ETA for updates on VR compatibility at the moment.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

So apart from third party apps, there's absolutely no support for VR? Ehh, time to put the ARC for sale I guess... 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

Since you do not have further questions, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos