Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1844 Discussions

Resident Evil HD Remaster 2015 (Steam version) crash - D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR / Windows 11 A370M

vinilzord_learns
Beginner

I occasionally get the "D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR" out of the blue and the game crashes, there isn't any specific scenario in which it happens. Other than that, the game runs fine. It's important to mention that the game uses Directx 9 API but without the d3d9.dll file present in the root folder, and there's no way to force Vulkan API with DXVK dll file.

Specs:
Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 laptop - 16IAH7 model
Windows 11 OS
i7 12700H gen CPU
Intel Arc 370M GPU
32gb RAM DDR5

Game: Resident Evil HD Remaster 2015 - Steam version

*ALL DRIVERS ARE UPDATED

*I already have installed a couple of mods/fixes, such as REfusion_fix by ThirteenAG and 4gb patch. I also use the GC Shader + upscale project.*

I'm currently playing the game with "Disable fullscreen optimizations" option and Win7 compatibility mode. I can play the game for like 30 minutes until something weird happens, like this specific error.

Also, the d3d9.dll from DXVK is unusable, unfortunately. Given that there aren't many people using this laptop to play games, I'm quite stumped because I didn't find any info on this issue and I don't have the knowledge necessary to fix it on my own. Please help.

If there's any way to run the game on Vulkan, most likely that would solve the problem, because Intel Arc drivers are not yet fully optimized to run older Directx 9 games.

I attached a .txt file generated by the SSU software. Thank you in advance, folks.

Edit 1 - I ran DDU and did a clean install with the latest drivers. For some reason, DXVK is working now. I shall do a test run and see if the issues are fixed. But in the meantime, please provide me some feedback. Thanks!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
vinilzord_learns
Beginner

I'm also attaching the config.ini file (in .txt format because .ini is not supported) used to configure the in-game settings, on top of an actual in-game screenshot.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello vinilzord_learns, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. 

I do want to ask, is the issue still present after the clean installation? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello vinilzord_learns, 

I am just checking in if everything is alright with your system after the clean installation that you have done. If you still need further assistance, feel free to let us know. I will be waiting for you reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello vinilzord_learns, 

As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos