Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1533 Discussions

Source Filmmaker won't recognize my graphics card.

NerdyBear
Beginner

Hello there,

I am currently using the intel arc A770 graphics card on my computer, however when I try launching Source Filmmaker, it says that it doesn't recognize my graphics card at all.

I have made a game bug checklist for this, even though this is more of a program than a game in order to facilitate the communication of the bug.

Hopefully this bug should be easy to replicate, and if such, hoping for a possible fix. Any questions you may have, please ask below.

My best regards,

NerdyBear.

0 Kudos
40 Replies
Hugo_Intel

Hello NerdyBear

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to use Source Filmmaker on your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics. Please let us know the following information:

• Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?
  • Share a short video or screenshot of the error message or the issue itself.
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

Hello there and thank you for adressing the post regarding my issue.

As for the following information:

1. I did check and it is turned on.

2.Photo of the Source Filmmaker Error.Photo of the Source Filmmaker Error.

As for the 3rd, the log file should be attached here.

Best Regards,

NerdyBear.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello NerdyBear

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Please let's try the following:

1.-Go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and update your BIOS to the latest version.

2.-Disable the integrated graphics from your system Bios or from the device manager:

• Open Device Manager  
  • Go to display adapters > Intel® UHD Graphics 770  
  • Double click on Intel® UHD Graphics 770  
  • Go to the Driver Tab > Click on disable 
  • Test if the same issue happens.

3.-If the issue persists, for testing purposes let's remove the ARC GPU from the system(PCIE slot) and test if the same issue happens with integrated graphics.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

Good afternoon.

Thank you for the help given so far, however I would like to clarify some points regarding the solution given.

1. I am not exactly sure how to do such a procedure as a BIOS update, not to mention I have seen that it isn't recommended to update BIOS unless there's a major issue with the computer itself as it might break the motherboard itself if done incorrectly.

2. I have played a lot of games with the same graphics card and so far it behaves quite well on other games, even being able to play them on the highest settings with the graphics card clearly being used to it's peak performance, so this issue only seems to happen with this particular program.

2a. For example, Blender can run pretty smoothly despite being a rather heavy program graphics-wise, hence more than likely not an issue with the graphics card itself.

3. Source Filmmaker is a rather old program, which could explain the issue itself, which seems to be an issue of driver incompatibility with the program itself.

Therefore, I came here to report the bug as it seemed to be an incompatibility issue with the program that might require driver tweaking in order for it to work with Source Filmmaker if possible.

My best regards,

NerdyBear

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello NerdyBear

I appreciate your input and feedback. We will continue checking this issue internally with the information we have so far. I will post back once I have an update for you or in case I need more information I will let you know.

Bets Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello NerdyBear

I want to give you an update and let you know that we are still working on this issue. So far we have been able to reproduce this problem in our Labs. Once I have more information available for you I will post back. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
kellamlaur
Beginner

same issue, it would be awesome if sfm worked on this gpu as i use sfm A LOT 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello NerdyBear

Thank you for your patience. As mentioned in my previous post we were able to reduce the issue and the error message does come up, however, after clicking on OK the software can be used normally, I am attaching a video showing our test.

Is this the same scenario for you or do you see any functionality affected?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

Good morning, Hugo

What is happening to my Source Filmmaker session is exactly the same scenario, even down to the weird diagonal line appearing on the screen.

It should be noted that even though the program runs, the image quality and lightning quality are heavily reduced thanks to the issue mentioned above.

Best regards,

NerdyBear.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello @NerdyBear, @kellamlaur

Do you have any point of comparison and if so, can you share screenshots or a short video showing the image and lighting difference?

We are not familiarized with the app due to its age, so could you please also confirm regarding the diagonal line is not supposed to be there?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

Hello there Hugo

I can confirm that indeed the diagonal line is not supposed to be there, and as for the lighting quality I was referring to, here are 2 images comparing the proper render with the render my computer produces with the bug while in the program.How it's supposed to look like.How it's supposed to look like.

How it's supposed to look like is the one above and below is the one that my computer renders in the program.

How it looks like on my computer.How it looks like on my computer.

It should be noted that the map used for the render was the Istanbul map, which can be found here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2924924674&searchtext=

Best regards,

NerdyBear

0 Kudos
kellamlaur
Beginner

idk if this helps you at all but im pretty sure the line is bloom scale

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello NerdyBear

Thank you for confirming this information and sharing the screenshots with us. Allow me to pass this information on to our team to further research this issue. I will get back to you once I have and update on the matter.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello NerdyBear

We have tested the software and based on our testing the lighting effects as well as the diagonal lines across the frame can be enabled or disabled by modifying features on the software settings. As well Source Filmmaker allows the issue of different filters and image tweaking that might accrue for the differences between the images that you have provided, and in our test with an ARC GPU the lighting effects can be enabled. I am attaching some videos of the testing we did. We are unable to provide details on the different settings, features, and how the image can be adjusted or customized, and in this case the best next step will be to contact the app developer for further instructions.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello NerdyBear

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you have further questions.

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

Yes, I was able to check the previous post as of now, I've fixed most of the issues, even though part of them are still around.

However, I've also detected issues with some of the textures not being lit up properly, although so far this doesn't seem to have a fix as of now.

I do once again appreciate your help so far, though this might need some bug fixing in order for the program to detect the graphics card.

Best regards,

NerdyBear.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello NerdyBear

We are glad to know the information has helped so far. If you have detected a new issue, we will need another video or screenshots as well as instructions so we can go ahead and try to replicate it, please share with us the information to further assist with this.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
NerdyBear
Beginner

I might have detected an issue related to the graphics issue relating to certain textures not being lit up properly, but aside from the issues mentioned, there doesn't seem to be anything else going on as the program sort of still works despite the issues presented.

As for the texture lightning issue, here's a model where the lightning is bugged, as seen in the following screenshots:The model as it's supposed to look like under proper graphics lightning.The model as it's supposed to look like under proper graphics lightning.

The model with the lightning issue.The model with the lightning issue.

It should be noted that the model used was this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1791316894&searchtext=hulk

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello NerdyBear

Please let us know if you want us to further look into this issue and share the information requested in my previous post.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello NerdyBear

We will check this information and I will give you an update once available.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos