Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1632 Discussions

Starfield does not launch with A770

HexieDecimals
Novice
I am on the latest whql drivers.
Intel i9-11900KF
32gb RAM
Intel Arc A770 LE
-------------

When launching Starfield, the game launches as a background process and never comes to the foreground. This issue was also pointed out on the Steam forums for the game. The process is running, at 60% CPU and ram usage, but nothing ever loads. Not even a splash screen.

I've tried launching it as Admin, installing all the Vredist versions. Nada.
Validating files/ reinstalling: Nothing.

This is really disappointing.

Pleasd advise
17 Replies
Buckner
Beginner

Arc a750

Aug 23 Driver

Same issue for me, the game is stuck in the launching game pop up from the Xbox app. I contacted Bethesda support; they said I do not meet the minimum requirements. 

0 Kudos
AjrAlves
New Contributor II
Just because you do not meet the minimum requirements doesn't mean your GPU shouldn't open and run the game. If it was this way, integrated Radeon GPUs wouldn't be usable.
Saying you do not meet the minimum system requirements is just a way from Bethesda to say "Well f*ck you and your configuration. It's not on our list, we won't support it"
0 Kudos
Morgan976
Beginner

Same here, the game launches as a background process and never comes to the foreground. 

0 Kudos
Joseph64
Beginner

Same here and everything's up to date

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

This is not an Intel Problem.

Its confirmed to be a Bethesda Problem.

Because Bethesda never bothered to test the game on Intel GPU's.

Therefore, Intel likely will never be able to resolve this, and all we can do is wait for Bethesda to either issue a Patch to fix it... or tell us all to go "F***" ourselves and buy AMD cards instead, since thats what they "endorsed" for the Game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IntelArc/comments/166r6ne/confirmed_starfield_issues/

0 Kudos
WillyEverWin14Me

I noticed in reviews of the game, there is no DLSS or XESS in the options. I won't purchase a game that doesn't have all options available.

Sorry to hear people having trouble with this game.

0 Kudos
CidDK
Beginner

I was able to start the game. I left my PC and came back 30 min later.
But "only" the menu works.

Once you start a game most graphics don't show at all, and the few things that show just blinks real fast.
The subtitles audio mission marker works just fine but if you try to bring up the menu by pressing "Esc" the game closes.

If anyone can find compilation of settings that do any better please tell. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for posting in the Intel communities. We see that you all are experiencing problems with the new Starfield game. We would like to share all the details exposed in this thread to start looking at this internally. Allow us some time to review this, and we will be back as soon as we have further details.

Best Regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SandroDjents
Novice

Hey Jean,

Will there be an update later today for the Official Release of Starfield?

With the latest driver update (31.0.101.4672) we can start the game now, but it's still not really playable on an Arc A770 due to various performance issues and inconsistent frames.

Many thanks,

Sandro R.

0 Kudos
Unkrauotter
Beginner

well i face the same issue. It starts after 40 Minutes but hen you see shattered grafics and the game crashes

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

Full retail launch isn't until the 6th September, there'll hopefully be a driver ready then.

0 Kudos
HexieDecimals
Novice
They've just posted a new driver, the game now loads and its not a cluster of grey textures but the textures are still not loading properly and things look messy. Trying a clean install on my side to see
0 Kudos
HexieDecimals
Novice
Clean driver install solved the issue! Game works
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Everyone,

We are glad to know that the issue is now solved after installing driver 31.0.101.4672. Since the issue is now solved, we will close this thread. If you require further assistance, please start a new question since this one will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Unkrauotter
Beginner

Hi. the Issue is not solved. The gam,e starts yes, but after 10 - 30 minutes it crashes. as far as i read it bethesda isnt willing to update the game for intel GPU

0 Kudos
DimitarA
Beginner

I have the same problem - the game was crashing every 30 min or so with previous driver. Seems like the crashes were related to the scenes being changed too frequently, or just too much action on the screen. 

Today I installed the latest driver - 31.0.101.4824, and the game will load to menu screen, but when a save is being loaded to resume the game, the game crashes and that is it. I tried to re-install the drivers, reboot and try again - not working. Verified game files before that via steam - all good. Running out of options. Hope Intel will fix this driver, if they even read these messages. 

Guess with this level of support the Arc family won't have good future.

0 Kudos
akshaykhanaa77
Beginner

When launching Starfield on a system with an Intel Arc A770 graphics card, the game does not launch. The game process can be seen running in Task Manager, but the game window never appears.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Ensure that the latest Intel Arc graphics drivers are installed.
  2. Launch Starfield.
  3. Observe that the game does not launch and the game window does not appear.

Expected behavior:

The game should launch and the game window should appear.

Actual behavior:

The game does not launch and the game window does not appear.

System information:

• Operating system: Windows 11 22H2
  • Graphics card: Intel Arc A770
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-13900K
  • RAM: 32GB DDR5

Workaround:

There is no known workaround for this issue at this time.

Additional notes:

This issue has been reported by multiple users on the Intel Community forums and the Steam forums.

Attachments:

• Screenshot of Task Manager showing the Starfield game process running
  • Intel System Support Utility report

Requested fix:

Please investigate this issue and release a fix as soon as possible.

0 Kudos