Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1667 Discussions

When pressing Alt-O it shows the wrong cpu activity for my 5800X3D CPU.

Erwin06
Beginner

Hello,

When i start up a game the CPU activity shows very low CPU usage 2% for my ryzen 7 5800X3D CPU.

Maybe the 5800X3D isnt yet supported by this driver software.

Best Regards

Erwin.

0 Kudos
33 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Erwin06,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I am sorry to hear that your processor is not working properly, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

• Is the issue related to an Intel® product?

If the issue is just related to the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D Processor and you do not have any Intel® product, we recommend contacting AMD for assistance.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

Hello,

My processor is working properly, but the cpu usage isnt showing correctly in your driver software.

Laste week i bought a intel ARC A770 and installed the latest driver .4255 and saw this problem.

I installed msi afterburner and this software shows the correct cpu usage.

Regards 

Erwin

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Erwin06,

Thank you for the clarification. It was really helpful.

Please answer the questions below, and share the logs requested, for a better understanding:

• What is the Intel Arc version installed?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

Hello Andres,

I have attached the 2 log files u ask for.

Intel ARC version 31.0.101.4255

Regards,

Erwin

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

Yesterday i also did a clean install windows  11 22H2 and i got my 1st crash with Battlefield 2042.

RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 in the log.

I also have 2 crashlogs files in the Battlefield 2042 crashdumps folder.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KHjYjjGqRNs55B6ITVuuLQM4h8qltO7H?usp=sharing 

Regards

Erwin.

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

I think i know why the game crashed, after i installed the Intel driver the monitor Hz in windows was set to 60Hz and the ingame Hz is 239.76Hz after setting the Hz from 60Hz to 239.76Hz the game runs smooth again.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Erwin06,

Thank you for your response, it has been really helpful.

Happy to hear that the Battlefield issue is solved. If the issue persists please post a new question related to it.

To continue with the troubleshooting please answer the following questions: 

• What is the Intel® Arc™ Control version installed?
  • Uninstall Intel® Arc™ Control, by following the steps below:
  1. Press the Windows key.
  2. Click on settings.
  3. Select Apps and then select Apps & Features.
  4. Search for Intel® Arc™ Control software.
  5. Click on it and select the option to uninstall.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

Hello,

I did the steps u ask for but the problem is still the same.

Also i did a clean install windows 11 22H2 on 5-4-2023 and still the same problem.

https://youtu.be/H1PRRqK-Jjc 

Regards,

Erwin

2 days ago i also had a different problem, when starting the pc i got a bios message with the tekst

The vga card is not supported by uefi driver.

On your site i found that this was fixed with bios 1053 my video card has bios 1053.

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

Hello,

The problem with the low cpu usage is a problem i cant solve.

2nd problem.

Yesterday 9-4-2023 i did a clean install windows 11 22H2 again to test The vga card is not supported by uefi driver.

I installed windows 11 + updates then the chipset driver, Realtek lan driver, after every install i reboot the pc.

After i installed the Realtek lan driver and rebooted the pc, i got my 1st The vga card is not supported by uefi driver.

When this happens CSM gets enables in the Bios, i Disabled CSM again because CSM has to be disabled when using Resizable bar.

Later i got my 2nd The vga card is not supported by uefi driver.

After the 2nd time it didnt happen again.

The latest vbios is installed v20.1053.0

Regards,

Erwin

0 Kudos
AnaWilliam850
New Contributor I

It's possible that the game you're playing isn't utilizing all of your CPU cores, which could result in low CPU usage. Additionally, it's unlikely that your CPU model is not supported by the driver software, as the Ryzen 7 5800X is a widely-used CPU and is generally compatible with most driver software.

There are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the low CPU usage:

1. Check the game's system requirements: Make sure that your CPU meets the minimum system requirements for the game you're playing. If your CPU doesn't meet the requirements, the game may not be able to fully utilize your CPU's capabilities.

2. Check your CPU settings: Make sure that your CPU is running at the correct speed and that all cores are enabled. You can check these settings in your computer's BIOS.

3. Check for background processes: Make sure that there aren't any other programs running in the background that could be using up CPU resources. Close any unnecessary programs or processes to free up CPU resources for your game.

4. Update your drivers: Make sure that your CPU and graphics card drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause performance issues and may not properly utilize your CPU's capabilities.

If none of these solutions work, you may want to try contacting the game's technical support team for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

If the low CPU usage is coming from the game you're playing isn't utilizing all of your CPU cores, how come that MSI Afterburner is showing the correct CPU usage when playing Battlefield 2042.

5 months ago i reported low CPU usage with Battlefield V with the Nvidia driver and geforce experience, when pressing Alt-R it showed similar CPU usage as with the Intel driver ARC control, in a later version from geforce experience it was fixed. A  different prossecor was installed a AMD Ryzen 5 5600X.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-experience/14/501495/geforce-experience-326-feedback-thread-released-92/3293720/ 

On the Asus forum some one reported low CPU usage he has low CPU usage with ASUS GPU Tweak III, when he reported this i also checked this problem and i also saw low CPU usage with the intel driver with the A770 and with Asus GPU Tweak III with a Asus GTX 1070 in Battlefield 2042, MSI aferburner shows the correct CPU usage.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/asus-software/gpu-tweak-iii/td-p/858433/page/11 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Erwin06,

Thank you for your response. All the information provided has been really helpful.

Happy to hear that you have solved the second issue, if that issue persists, I recommend posting a new thread for it.

I saw the video and now I have a better understanding of the issue, please answer the questions below:

• Which games do you have the issue with? Attach screenshots of game settings.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

Hello,

The 2nd problem is someting i cant solve, this morning i rebooted the pc and again i got this boot problem.

The vga card is not supported by uefi driver.

On the intel forum there is 1 more person who reportd this problem with a intel video card.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/%E9%96%8B%E6%A9%9F%E5%87%BA%E7%8F%BE-The-VGA-card-is-not-suppurted-by-UEFI-driver/m-p/1465218 

Best Regards,

Erwin

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

The person who also reported this problem with The vga card is not supported by uefi driver.

Has a similar pc setup also a AMD processor with a X570 MB and a Asus monitor.

Bios 1053 didnt fixed it for me then.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Erwin06,

Thank you for your answer and for letting us know.

Since this thread is related to "When pressing Alt-O it shows the wrong CPU activity for my 5800X3D CPU." we highly recommend opening another thread if you have further questions related to the error message The vga card is not supported by UEFI driver.

If you still need assistance with the issue of this thread, remember to provide the following information requested previously:

• Which games do you have the issue with? Attach screenshots of game settings.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

Hello Andres,

I see low CPU usage with Battlefield V and Battlefield 2042 the only 2 games installed.

Regards,

Erwin

2023-04-10 (1).png2023-04-10 (2).png2023-04-10 (3).png2023-04-10 (4).png

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Erwin06,

Thank you for your response.

I will start an investigation of these issues, as soon I have more information I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

Hello Andres.

I have 1 more question, when i record my games with intel control set to 1080p, 60 Hz, avc the movie is very blurry i think its called.

I always recorded my games with geforce experience and i always had a bright movie.

https://youtu.be/H1PRRqK-Jjc 

Regards,

Erwin

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Erwin06,

For the recording issue with Intel® Arc™ Control, we recommend to post a new thread, and we will be more than glad to help you.

We still working on the investigation and now we have a couple of questions:

• We see that you shared a video with the info, please take screenshots showing the low CPU usage.
  • Take screenshots of the low CPU usage making a comparison between ARC control and Task manager.
  • Are you having low performance issues?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

Hello,

I posted this problem on the EA forum and some1 explained to me how it works, 

I also made a video from intel control and the task manager.

No i dont have low perfomance issues its your software showing low cpu usage please read the post on the EA site.

https://youtu.be/UpwTV3esU6U 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Battlefield-2042-not-showing-the-correct-CPU-usage/m-p/12465421#M45811 

Regards,

Erwin

0 Kudos