Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1669 Discussions

Windows OpenGL Driver Not Supporting Texture Sharing

potatomato
Beginner

That's just what I've heard, not exactly, pin point, but I am having issues while trying to play vivecraft or any other OpenGL VR game.

1. I am on driver version 31.0.101.4953, mainly because it says you haven't done anything about it in the latest version, and i dont care to update until my problems fixed

2. (should be obvious) minecraft.net, minecraft. get a fabric installation, then take the corresponding version of the vivecraft mod and put it in the installation folder. and i think you could afford to google something if you have trouble.

3. literally doesnt matter, its YOUR drivers that are the problem, my PC runs anything else but OpenGL VR

4. idc to type out an essay about modding minecraft, look up "how to install vivecraft" and that should be all you need besides owning minecraft and a quest 2, i use virtual desktop because its the only thing that works due to your stupid vr (un)support, mod it, click "VR:off" so it says on... bam nothing shows up, because no texture sharing or something

5. graphics problem (because its a gpu, duh) cant provide screenshot, because all it shows is black because no texture sharing

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello potatomato,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We understand that you are facing issues while playing OpenGL VR games, especially Vivecraft, and we would be happy to assist you.

It would be important to mention that Intel Arc graphics support for VR headsets continues to evolve as we ramp our products and add updates to our software stack.

Regarding your concerns about support when running game modes, we suggest checking if there is an issue with the default game (vanilla) first. If there is no problem with the standard version, we recommend reporting the issue to the mod developer for further assistance. If the mod developer discovers that the problem is related to the graphics driver, we can work together to resolve the issue once they reach out to us with their findings.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
potatomato
Beginner

Minecraft alone runs, and at a pretty high framerate as well.

I have contacted Vivecrafts support and they put a block that doesn't allow Intel GPUs to even get into the VR "mode."

They say the block will stay until "Intel fixes their drivers."

One of them gave me an experimental version without the block and it never showed anything besides a black screen on my VR headset.

VR games usually mirror to the monitor window, which it did perfectly fine, it just never showed anything on my VR headset.

I would love to help you in any way possible, and to keep you up to date with my findings.

Although I don't exactly know how you and the Vivecraft team would communicate.

They do have a discord, and I will gladly send them this community post if you need.

I'm glad Intel is trying to support VR more, although it's a big reason I got my PC and would hate to have to change to an Nvidia card, 

I just have waited a while, and I know Intel has their own problems to solve, so I hope support comes soon.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello potatomato,

Thank you for the information provided. We understand that you have contacted Vivecrafts support, and they decided to put a block to Intel GPUs until they confirm that the drivers have VR support, you were able to test with an experimental version and the image is just black.

As we mentioned before, our recommendation when experiencing issues related to Intel Graphics using a mod, it is always recommended to communicate with the mod developer to ask them to submit a case directly in the Game Developer Program Forums: Developing Games on Intel Graphics, or IGCIT GitHub Support. If you can, we would recommend you contact them via Discord and request them to open a ticket with us.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
potatomato
Beginner

I had one of the Vivecraft developers open a ticket with you here,

https://community.intel.com/t5/Developing-Games-on-Intel/OpenGL-issues-with-SteamVR-frame-submission/m-p/1564513

thank you for your support, I hope you can find and fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello potatomato,

Thank you for letting us know that a Vivecraft developer has joined the communities and has reported the issue in our Developing Games on Intel Graphics forums. A colleague will assist them in their thread as soon as possible. Since the mod developer has joined the Intel Communities seeking support for your issue, we will now proceed to close this thread. If you have any other questions, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Finally, we want to reaffirm that Intel Arc graphics support for VR headsets continues to evolve as we ramp our products and add updates to our software stack.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos