Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1612 Discussions

annoying blackscreen/blackout for 1sec during gaming a770

lordhyper
Beginner

hi 

the arc a770 is running pretty well on my system i9-7980xe ..also rbar works !!

there is just one really annoying issue...when i play games like (warthunder ,company of heroes) i get a blackout screen for just 1sec ...the game still run ,but it is really annoying . it just start randomly for maybee 1-2 times in an hour....im pretty sure its a driver issue ...and i saw in the community that im not the only one...

-clean install etc.. 

- i change the display port cable to a 2.0 new cable 

-turn off in the fast boot in the bios

-turn off the gaming mode of windows 

nothing seems to work....

u have any idea ,wat it could be?

0 Kudos
23 Replies
lordhyper
Beginner

update

it also happen (even more) in desktop use...watching netflix in fullscreen and windowed mode ...1sec blackscreen ..

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics. I am sorry you are experiencing flickering screen issues with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

• Let's try uninstalling the current driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Once uninstalled, reinstall the same version 31.0.101.4335.
  • Also, please reset your BIOS to default settings and check if the same issue happens.
  • In addition, if possible, try a different monitor and test different monitor and GPU ports.

If the issue persists, please share with us the following information:

• Do you use any type of video adapter?
  • What is the monitor's make and model?
  • Was the GPU working fine? If yes, Do you remember if there was any hardware modifications or software update on your system?

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
lordhyper
Beginner
Hi Hugo! Thx for reply...
I give U some answers

- i did a Clean re/Install with du
-i did a bios reset
-i tried my tv with HDMI CABLE and then it was good!!

My dell Monitor (Standard fhd,60hz) has only dp Connection. So i cannot Test it..i also Change the cable but the Problem stays..for me its a Display Port issue with the Drivers...BCS my old GTX Titan works fine with that...btw its the Second A770 (the first was Not even able to Boot to BIOS and was rma)

-i dont use any Adapter
-dell Standard fhd /60hz
-no Modifikation at all

I gonna buy an gaming Monitor and hope this issue will Stop..but it would bei nice If IT could be fixed by the Driver..im Not thinking its a Hardware issue

I Hope can helps U ..greetz
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

Thank you for the information. We will need to further check this issue with your team, however, I would like to ask you for the following information first:

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

Please share with us the information I requested in my previous post, so we can further help with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
lordhyper
Beginner

hi

sorry for my late reply

-i send u the diagnostic report

-wat i see ,its not happen in the bios

-i change the resolution to 1680x1050  , it seems the black screens stop to appear...but i wanna use fhd or uhd solution

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

I will check this issue with our team and I will post back once I have an update.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

We continue to work on this issue and we want to confirm some information with you:

I see on your original post that this motherboard supports Resizable BAR, could you please verify and confirm the option is enabled on your BIOS?

Also, Did the GPU work fine before, or did the issue start since you first installed it on your system?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

Please share with us the information requested in our previous post so we can further assist with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
lordhyper
Beginner

hi hugo

-rbar is enabled ..ihave no propblems wit that

-the gpu had no issue ,and work fine ... just of these blackouts if my monitor connected via display port

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

I understand the GPU works fine the only issue being the constant flickering when gaming, what I would like you to let us know is if the GPU was experiencing this issue since you first installed it on your system or if the issue just recently started.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
lordhyper
Beginner

hi hugo

the issue was always there ...since i first installed the gpu... 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

Thank you for letting us know. I will get back to you once I have more information on this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

If possible, in order to discard any type of compatibility issue, could you please test a different monitor through a DisplayPort connection?

Also, please let us know your Power Supply wattage.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know the information and results of the troubleshooting steps

Best Regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
lordhyper
Beginner
Hi Hugo

I will Test a different Monitor via display Port If i have the possibility

My powersupply is P1 Thoughpower 850 Platin

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

Thank you for sharing your PSU model. Were you able to test a different monitor and check if the same issue happens?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let us know if you were able to do the tests with another monitor,

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello lordhyper

We would like to know if you had the chance to test a different monitor and if the issue persisted. In case you have not been able to test another monitor, please let us know an estimated date for when you might have the chance or if this test is out of your possibilities.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
lordhyper
Beginner

hi hugo

atm i use hdmi connection...i will test it on monday with display port...

greetz

0 Kudos