Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics

game frezee

efficent53
Beginner

hi,

intel iris xe graphics intel i7 12700 h cpu, 

when ı press ctrl+alt+delete or alt tab game screen frezee. its in game sounds coming but screen frezee. ı tried all drivers updated . windows drivers , hp laptop drivers. but no any solve.

When i disabled intel iris xe graphic then my problem solve. when ı enable grafic card. again same problem. ı have two laptops intel iris xe graphics two of them have got same problem.

What should ı do for this problem?  when you solve intel drive's problem?

thanks.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello efficent53,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you.

To better assist you, please provide us with the following information:

• What is the affected game title?
  • What is the game distribution service? ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)
  • Are both laptops you mentioned the same model?
  • Is there any error message after the game freezes?
  • We would like to gather more information about your system, so please create a system report using the following tools:

• Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU) 

Download the Intel SSU

○ Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."

○ Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."

○ To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
efficent53
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks.

Game Name : Knight online

Service : Nttgame

Same graphic card cpu  = intel i7 12700h cpu, intel iris xe graphics.

Screen froze but game working on back side. we hear noise of game. After a while 3-5 minutes later game gives runtime error. visual c++ library. (ı tried all visual c++ libraries but its not this )

When ı disabled intel iris xe graphics then problem solves. windows screen driver make no any problems.

ı think problem my game support directx 9 . but intel iris xe graphic card doesnt support. then it makes problem. But if you update driver to solve these problems. then ı think all problem will solve.

thanks.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello efficent53,

Thank you for the information provided.

Based on your system report, your graphics driver is 31.0.101.3790. We recommend a clean driver installation, installing the latest Intel Driver, 31.0.101.4575. Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, and installing Intel's generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from your Computer Manufacturer (OEM). Doing a clean install of the software/drivers for any hardware can help to fix specific issues that can be associated so any additional software that might be causing malfunction.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
efficent53
Beginner

hi,

thanks for your feedback.

ı tried all old and new drivers. 4575 and 4576 beta and your new driver 4577 too. ı did always clean setup.

But no of them solved problem.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello efficent53,

Thanks for your response

We understand that the issue remains after installing our latest drivers. Since the issue remains after performing a clean driver installation for the Intel Generic drivers, we would like to recommend you clean install the latest HP driver. Based on the HP website, the latest driver for your system is version 30.0.101.2079; as we mentioned before, the OEM drivers contain customizations to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is install the drivers from the manufacturer.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
efficent53
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I did what you said which installed hp intel supported drive but again same problem. 

at Nvidia graphic card no problem. When disabled intel graphic card no problem. When use another screen with nvidia graphic no problem.

Only the problem ı think intel graphic card driver. You should solve intel graphic card driver problems.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello efficent53,

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
efficent53
Beginner

hi,

Attached files please check, when ı disabled intel card 

and microsoft basic graphic driver on.

Then there is no frezee screen.

When ı enable intel iris xe graphic then driver on and problem starts again.

Thanks.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello efficent53,

We appreciate the information you shared. As we mentioned, we are currently researching this matter internally.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello efficent53,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

After reviewing this matter, we want to confirm the following information:

• Does the freezing problem occur in any other game when pressing the alt+tab or other action involved with going out of a game while running?
  • What is the reason why you are using integrated GPU instead of discrete GPU?

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
efficent53
Beginner

hi,

thanks for your feedback.

Sorry for late.

- I dont play other games except knight online. so ı havent tried yet.

- I am using nvidia gpu but when ı am in game to check something on desktop or ctrl+alt+del game frezee.( but it was working back side. ı hear noises.) sometimes screen go normally after a bit frezee but usually froze.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello efficent53, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
efficent53
Beginner

hi,

I just updated your new driver  31.0.101.4644.

But it didnt solve my problem again.

I found a solution not to frezee screen at the attachment d3d9.dll when ı update syswow64 this file. then screen no frezee but other programs making working problems.

please update your driver not and solve directx 9 support.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi efficent53, No problem at all, you are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

We will continue with our research on this matter and provide a response as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello efficent53, Thank you very much for letting us know those details. I just received an update on this matter.

It is great to know that you found a solution for the screen not to freeze at the attachment d3d9.dll when updating syswow64.

In this case, it is important to mention that based on the fact that you are using the Nvidia GPU to run the game, means that the problem regarding the game getting frozen is related to that component and not to the Intel® graphics controller.

Taking that into consideration, in order to try to fix this issue we recommend to get in contact directly with Nvidia support to report this scenario, so they can provide additional troubleshooting steps on this subject, maybe they have a newer driver version available for your specific card model for you to install:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/support/

Additionally, we also recommend to get in contact directly with the game developers since most of the times they are able to find out the probable root cause for this situation and a possible fix for this scenario:

https://support.nttgameonline.com/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos