Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1684 Discussions

lastest beta 101.4314 will NOT restore the settings

exc0mmunicated
New Contributor I

Hello

Found the next prob.

It seems (of course clean install) the new install of *.4314 will not restore the settings in the ARC control center.

Recommend to use the app Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in safe mode.

btw cant see any changelogs for *.4314 on the webside from Intel. (only about Videocardz)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello exc0mmunicated

We were able to reproduce this issue. And we want to let you know that we are working to improve our driver installation process through the installer, at the moment we advise that you continue using DDU to do a clean installation of the driver.

Thank you fo reporting this issue to us and for your valuable feedback.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello exc0mmunicated

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Commnities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues after installing the latest driver on your system.

Just so we can have a better understanding of the issue do you mean that when doing a regular installation of the driver the settings in Intel® Arc™ Control don't get reset to default and when using DDU they do get reset to defaults, is this the issue and behavior you are experiencing?

Answering your last questions, the release notes are now posted on the driver download page, we apologize if there were issues previously

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
exc0mmunicated
New Contributor I

Hello

If I use the install from orig. Intel driver *.4314.exe, so I can tick on "clean installation".

After the install, all old settings was still there.

Maybe its always recommend to use the DDU before install a new driver. (DDU should be run in Windows with safe mode)

Greetz

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello exc0mmunicated

Thank you for the information. Just to confirm, there was a new driver update version 31.0.101.4335, Could you please test the new driver and check if the same issue still happens?

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
exc0mmunicated
New Contributor I

Hello Hugo

Sure, I've tried it.

Follow things with *.4335 will not restore in ARC Control Center to stock (by choose "clean install"):

Performance

- Fan Curve

Global settings:

- all

Menu settings:

- all 

ThX

Chris

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello exc0mmunicated

Thank you for letting us know. I will check this with our team and I will give you an update once I have more information.

Best Regards,

Hug O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello exc0mmunicated

We were able to reproduce this issue. And we want to let you know that we are working to improve our driver installation process through the installer, at the moment we advise that you continue using DDU to do a clean installation of the driver.

Thank you fo reporting this issue to us and for your valuable feedback.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
exc0mmunicated
New Contributor I

The pleasure is mine, Hugo.
I think it's great how you and the team work here.
IMO another important point for establishing Intel on the graphics card market.

Keep it going and Greetings;)

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello exc0mmunicated

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help to inform other community members that might notice the same issue. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos