Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1799 Discussions

wide lines when watching videos

mouryanova
Beginner

when I FastForward or seek videos very fast i see these big wide lines can u tell me what i need to do now

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mouryanova

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I know it is important to be able to watch your videos in the best possible quality and those horizontal lines can be an inconvenience.

In order to check if this might be a browser or hardware/driver issue, I would recommend checking if the issue can be replicated in a different browser, also disabling hardware accelerations within the browser settings and checking if the same happens, if the issue does not happen with hardware acceleration disabled it means it probable to be a GPU problem.

I see from your screenshots the issue is happening on YouTube, Have you checked if the same can be reproduced in a local video file?

In addition, we would like to know the GPU model that you are using along with the hardware and driver information so we can check for possible updates, please share with us a log file from the Intel® System Support Utility.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mouryanova

We shared in our previous post some troubleshooting steps mostly to try to determine whether this is a GPU/driver or web browser issue, have you been able to perform the advised troubleshooting? In case the issue continues to happen share the log file from the Intel® System Support Utility we requested so we can get more information of your driers and hardware configurations.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mouryanova

Since there are no further questions regarding this issue related to wide lines when watching videos on your system, we will proceed to close this thread. If you are still experiencing this problem feel free to open a new topic so we can further assist.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos