Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

3pds shows vendor "Intel" and app "Agent Foundations" and neither can be deleted. What's up?

David_Repko
Beginner

I'm just now starting to experiment with AMT and 3PDS for my app. I provisioned two DQ45CB motherboards. When I connect to either one using Commander and expand the Data Storage tree, there is an enterprise called "Intel," and an application (from vendor "Intel") called "Agent Foundations." Neither of these 2 objects can be deleted--when I try to delete either one the Commander simply fails to delete them, but with no error message.

I removed the CMOS battery for 30 seconds and plugged it back in but that didn't get rid of these (and I did not expect it to, but I don't know what else to try).

Does anyone know why I cannot clean this stuff out of there?

Dave R.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Hello David,

If you have done a CMOS reset and it is still there, then it is part of the firmware image and connot be deleted. When the firmware is created (typically by the OEM)additional storage entries like the one you have can be created. Hopefully it isn't interfering with your development in any way. You should still have the full 192k of free space to use.

An option to possibly get rid of it would be to try a firmware upgrade. You can get a firmware upgrade from the system OEM. If you bought the board and built the system you can getthe latestBIOS upgrade here on our desktop boards site.

0 Kudos
DAN_A_Intel
Employee

Hello David,

If you have done a CMOS reset and it is still there, then it is part of the firmware image and connot be deleted. When the firmware is created (typically by the OEM)additional storage entries like the one you have can be created. Hopefully it isn't interfering with your development in any way. You should still have the full 192k of free space to use.

An option to possibly get rid of it would be to try a firmware upgrade. You can get a firmware upgrade from the system OEM. If you bought the board and built the system you can getthe latestBIOS upgrade here on our desktop boards site.

Hello,

If you meant a FW Update, I'm afraid that will not solve any thing since the machanism upgrade only the FW code but not the FW application data, then the the 3PDS will remain untouch.

But AFAIK if there is no block allocation for this "Agen Foundation" app, this should not affect the data storage size you may use with another application...

Hope that helps.

Dan

0 Kudos