Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AMT Discovery with WPF

peanutman0
Beginner

Has anyone used the AMTDiscovery class from the Manageability Developer Toolkit inside a WPF application? I have been able to successfully discover AMT machines. What I haven't been able to do is update the UI to display the discovered machines. The OnDiscoveryEvent runs in a different thread than the UI so I get the following error when I try to update the user interface: "The calling thread must be STA, because many UI components require this." Any suggestions on how to architect around this. Ultimately I would like to update the user interface with discovered machines and a progress bar showing the discovery progress.

I would also like to provide the ability to run the discovery process on ip addresses I retrieve from DNS. I was thinking of building a list of IP addresses I retrieve from DNS and then running AMTDiscovery.start on each IP address. Is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks!

Rich
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Hi Rich,
I'll check on your first part of your question. The second question sounds very reasonable to me. It's always good to narrow down your list of IP address that you need to run through during discovery since this task is very time consuming. Can you save off the system's FQDNs rather than relying on IP addresses? If you could store the FQDN in your database with some extra enformation, like "is" or "is not" AMT then that could cut down on the number of systems you need to discover and rediscover as well. I'm just thinking that FQDN might be a good addition since IP addresses can change and hopefully FQDNs don't.
Also, let's go back to your first paragraph... Could you tell me what a WPF application is? I'm sure I should know this, but my mind is going blank.
0 Kudos
peanutman0
Beginner

Gael,

Thanks for the guidance regarding the discovery. I will look at saving the FQDNs. WPF is Window Presentation Foundation. Thanks again for your assistance!

Rich

0 Kudos