Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AMT Management Console Help!

nelsonlima
Beginner

I have about 65 computers running Intel's AMT Small Business Mode. I would like to centrilize all those computers using a management console. I have done some reseach but still I'm unsure of what management console would work better for Small Business mode. I have different versions of AMT throught the computers, the latest is 6.0. So far I have read that the best option is Manageability Developer Tool Kit and to use real vnc viewer for remote assistant and kvm. Is there any better options?

Thanks

Nelson Lima

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RBens2
Valued Contributor I
Hi Nelson,

If you have 65 systems running with AMT, then I'm assuming that you're actually using the systems in some production environment? If so, then I would definitely switch the systems over to using Enterprise mode configuration. SMB mode really is just for testing, and is full of security holes that you really don't want to expose on production systems. You can use the Commander but you might also want to consider using Powershell scripts to automate some of your more tedious jobs with AMT.

Regards,
Roger
0 Kudos
nelsonlima
Beginner
I'm new to AMT and Vpro technologies, what would be a good management console for Enterprise mode? One that helps me set up and remote assist those computers using KVM?
Thank you Roger
Regards,
Nelson
0 Kudos
nramamir
Beginner
McAfee has a management console called ePO Deep Command. http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/epo-deep-command.aspx "McAfee ePO Deep Command provides secure and remote security management access to PCs that may be powered off or disabled. ePO Deep Command utilizes Intel vPro Active Management Technology (AMT) to deliver beyond the operating system management, reducing security operations costs while enhancing your security posture. Using Intel vPro AMT, ePO Deep Command enables secure remote access regardless of the PCs power state so security administrators can remotely remediate compromised systems, enable energy-saving initiatives, wake systems, and apply proactive security."
0 Kudos
Finn_M_
Beginner

What is difference between amt hardballer and colt 1911?

0 Kudos