Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AMT and Q965 chipset question

postaquestion
Beginner
Our research group wants to implement AMT technology in university's cluster. So i have a question: if i have some system board with Q965 or Q35 chipset and ICH8(ICH9) and Intel Core 2 Duo processor, could i implement the technology? Or maybe i need some else hardware feachers? And could i implement the technology with any model of Intel Core 2 Duo processor?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

You need the following:

Intel Core 2 Duo processor with Intel Virtualization Technology

Intel 965GM chipset

Intel 82566DM GbE LAN/

Intel AMT Firmware

Intel VT/Intel AMT capable BIOS

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
__deimos__
Beginner
Thank you! But how can i get Intel AMT Firmware? And how can i know if BIOS is Intel VT/Intel AMT capable when there are no information about this in a documentation for motherboard?
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

You can download the latest Bios and firmware from the motherboard site. For eg; if you have Intel Desktop Board DQ965GF, you can download bios and drivers from http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dq965gf/. For checking the current version of your firmware, select ctrl+P option while booting up and that will take you to the Intel AMT configuration menu.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
__deimos__
Beginner
Thanks for your reply!
Our research group has discussed the information you gave to me. But a question emerged. We need to boot different operation systems in computer class using remote computer (connected to wired LAN). As I understand, we could do this via AMT boot redirection. If we dont need all the functions of Intel vPro but only boot redirection, do we need Intel Core 2 processor with virtualization technology? Or maybe such processor as Intel Celeron 4xx (or Core 2, but without virtualization technology) would be right for it?
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Well, academically speaking, you could piece your own system together with all the neccessary ingredients and end up with an AMT-capable system. You would need to find a motherboard that has the appropriate chipset. The issue here is that if you do create your own system veering off from the supported configuration and you have problems, it would be very likely that you would have difficulty finding a place to ask questions and get help. Also you don't need "Virtualization Technology" to use AMT.
0 Kudos