Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AMT power off doesn't work in my test-app

theperfectwave
Beginner

To test the AMT power management (reset, off, on, ... ) I debugged into the following Intel sampel application:

...\\ATM SDK 6.0\\Windows\\Intel_AMT\\Samples\\KVM\\KVMControlApplication

In the following method I set a break point in the last line:

private static uint Invok_PowerStateChange(int command, CimReference ComputerSystem_HostEPR)
{
CIM_PowerManagementService instance = new CIM_PowerManagementService(WsmanOperation.GetInstance().WsmanClient);
CimReference outJob;
return instance.RequestPowerStateChange((ushort)command, ComputerSystem_HostEPR, null, null, out outJob);
}

Before I executed the "RequestPowerStateChange" in the last line, I changed the value of command.

I tested the following values:

// class fields
// The power state for ManagedElement.
// Legal values:
// Power On: 2
// Sleep - Light: 3
// Sleep - Deep: 4
// Power Cycle (Off Soft): 5
// Power Off - Hard: 6
// Hibernate: 7
// Power Off - Soft: 8
// Power Cycle (Off Hard): 9
// Master Bus Reset: 10
// Diagnostic Interrupt (NMI): 11
// Power Off - Soft Graceful: 12
// Power Off - Hard Graceful: 13
// Master Bus Reset Graceful: 14
// Power Cycle (Off - Soft Graceful): 15
// Power Cycle (Off - Hard Graceful): 16

Unfortunatly no Off-value switched the PC Off.

1. What can be the reason?
2. How can I try to find the error?

3. Does the Intel binaries / SDK have a similar mechanism like the Windows "GetLastError & FormatMessage"-mechanism?
4. Can the windows "GetLastError & FormatMessage"-mechanism be used in this case, to recieve more details, why "switching off" not worked?

Thanks in advance for your hints.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Richard_B_Intel1
Employee

Power state transitions are limited during SOL, IDEr or KVM sessions. All power state transisitons are documented in the SDK located at: Intel AMT Features > Remote Control > Use Cases > Change System Power State.

As you are using the KVM sample, you will not be able to power down the system.

You may want to look at theRemote Control samplesfor additional examples forpower control;they are located at: ...\ATM SDK 6.0\Windows\Intel_AMT\Samples\WS-Management\RemoteControl

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Richard_B_Intel1
Employee

Power state transitions are limited during SOL, IDEr or KVM sessions. All power state transisitons are documented in the SDK located at: Intel AMT Features > Remote Control > Use Cases > Change System Power State.

As you are using the KVM sample, you will not be able to power down the system.

You may want to look at theRemote Control samplesfor additional examples forpower control;they are located at: ...\ATM SDK 6.0\Windows\Intel_AMT\Samples\WS-Management\RemoteControl

0 Kudos
theperfectwave
Beginner
ok thanks it was the thing with the power state transitions! Thanks.
0 Kudos