Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Adding the StorageService .NET component [Urgent] [pls help]

kalpah
Beginner

I am a final year student at SriLanka Institute of Information Technology and I am implementing a network management software as my final year project. I came up with several problems regarding Intel Manageability Commander source codes and I published them here in different threads. I got some answers for some of them. But I am stucked with following problems for about a month and never got an answer here. Please kindly help me with following problems as they have make a breakpoint in my project.

1) I found that there is a component named StorageService in the Manageability Commander tool. It appears in the ToolBox under the Manageability Stack Components. As I cannot add this component to my own project I am facing a runtime error AMT_ThirdPartyDataStorageService.LockBlock WSMAN call FAILED.

2) In Manageability Commander Tools source code I found a command "[DllImport("StorageWrapper.dll")]" Does it automatically create the required .dll file or if not where can I find that .dll file. Please provide a source that I can download it.

As I cant continue my project with these problems please kindly help me, if not all my work done within this six month will be wasted. Please reply soon.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi kalpah,
Thanks for your post. I have passed along your questions to the support team for the DTK as well as our internal Manageability team. Hopefully you will get responses shortly. Hang in there!

Cheers,
Judy
0 Kudos
kalpah
Beginner
Hi Judy,

Thanks for the help and waiting for a reply.

Regards,
Kalpah
0 Kudos
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi kalpah,
I got a response toone of your questionsthis morning fromLarry Moccardinewho is a vPro Support Engineer here at Intel. He wondered if you have the latest version of the DTK. The release notes from the latest version show these details:

Release Notes 7.0.11161.2

• Incorporated latest published Intel Active Management Technology SDK (Intel AMT SDK) 7.0.
  • Resolved Network Alerts not received when connecting to a Standard Manageability system.
  • Resolved allocation of Third-Party Data Store (3PDS) storage blocks.
  • Resolved incorrect reporting of Maximum Media size in Hardware Asset Inventory.
  • Resolved SOL/IDER/KVM with Kerberos Authentication issue

You can get the latest version here if you aren't using it: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-the-latest-version-of-manageability-developer-tool-kit/

Larryfurther says "Hopefully they are running an older version and that this is not a new bug with the DTK. If he is using the latest and greatest version of the DTK, then I would recommend having him submit the issue to us directly and we can communicate with him directly." By "Us", he is referring to the support email address support_dopd_swe@intel.com.

Hope this helps,
Judy

0 Kudos
kalpah
Beginner
Thank you very much for your help.
But there is nothing wrong with the Manageability developre tool kit. This error occurs when I write the same coding in my application. I want to know that whether I need to include additional components to my application.
I will contact Mr.Larry Moccardine through the email that you mentioned.
Thank you.
Kalpah
0 Kudos