Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Alternatives to the integrated terminal?

postaquestion
Beginner
Hello, we plan to use IPMI + AMT for managing our servers. My problem is, that the AMT DK v0.19 only supports the integrated terminal, which crashes very often. Is it possible to redirect a telnet console to the server?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

Hi. Oh dear, it should not crash at all.Can you send me the "exception.txt"file that you will find in the AMT DTK directory? My e-mail address is on top of that file. I need it to fix the problem. In version 0.21, Ifixedsuch aterminal crash, if it's the same one your encountering; I will send you theupdated version right away.

As for redirection, you would have to writecode. If youre willing to do that, I can help.I am now thinking that I could add a redirection feature into my console, that way,anyone could usetheir favorite telnet terminal that would be cool, I should look into it.

Looking forward to that exception file.
Ylian

0 Kudos
mm1
Beginner

Hi,

there is no exception.txt in the directory, or in the root directory. The Application just closes on some control codes, for example if I try to open "top" on a debian etch box via serial-over-lan.

Regards,

Moritz

0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

The Intel AMT Developer Tool Kit (DTK) version 0.21 was just released on the web site and should completely fix the terminal crashes. I also added lots more features and many more bug fixes, there is a "changes.txt" with a list of changes since the last version.

Please let me know if you see this problem again,
Ylian

0 Kudos