Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Can't connect AMT client.

takehope
Beginner
I configured AMT client in SMB mode. AMT client is Optiplex755. AMT verson is 3.0.9
I can find AMT client by Commander and I can get ping response.But I can't connect AMT client.
I can open URL(IP address:16992). But I can't log on.I input admin/P@ssw0rd.
Please help.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,
Are you trying to connect from a remote machine? A local connection won't work so please ensure you are connecting from a separate machine on the network.

Please ensure you are using the password you used to initially configure the machine. Can you stillaccess the MEBxwiththe same password?
If you think your password may be incorrect then you may need to perform a CMOS reset: Unplug the power cord & LAN cable, open the box and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard, wait 15 seconds, replace the CMOS battery, close the box and plug cords back in, then try again.
0 Kudos
takehope
Beginner

Hello,
Are you trying to connect from a remote machine? A local connection won't work so please ensure you are connecting from a separate machine on the network.

Please ensure you are using the password you used to initially configure the machine. Can you stillaccess the MEBxwiththe same password?
If you think your password may be incorrect then you may need to perform a CMOS reset: Unplug the power cord & LAN cable, open the box and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard, wait 15 seconds, replace the CMOS battery, close the box and plug cords back in, then try again.
I use other PC on network.
I can access MEBx with same password.
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Hmmmm,
Can you tell us the error (or show with a screenshot)?

Do you have any firewalls on server or client that may be blocking the traffic?
0 Kudos
takehope
Beginner
Hmmmm,
Can you tell us the error (or show with a screenshot)?

Do you have any firewalls on server or client that may be blocking the traffic?
When I cancell login prompt on 163.50.85.204:16992,belowing message is shown.
Log on failed.incorrect user name or password,or user account temporarily locked.
I don't use windows firewall and other on both server and client.
When I use commander,error message is nothing.
When I execute remotecontrol.exe -hostname 163.50.85.204 -user admin -pass P@ssw0rd -query,
belowing message is shown.
An exception occurred while attempting to get the system power state.
HTTP status 401:Unauthorized:Request failed.

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

It seems like your admin password may no longer match your MEBx password. They are the same when initally provisioned, but the AMT Admin password can be changed by editing the credentials.

You can go into the MEBx and perform an unprovision. Then provision the system again in SMB and your admin password will be the same as your MEBx password again.
0 Kudos
takehope
Beginner

It seems like your admin password may no longer match your MEBx password. They are the same when initally provisioned, but the AMT Admin password can be changed by editing the credentials.

You can go into the MEBx and perform an unprovision. Then provision the system again in SMB and your admin password will be the same as your MEBx password again.
It come to be able to log in AMT WebUI. !
MEBx password was P@ssword. But this pasword was created on 101 Keyboad.
I use 106(Japanese) keyboad.
I noticeed that P@ssword on 101 keyboad is P[ssw0rd on 106 keyboad.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Glad to hear that :)

Thanks for letting us know your solution.
0 Kudos
Enrique_G_
Beginner

Hi,

My name is Enrique and I think that I have the same issue of takehope.

My computer is a Dell Poweredge T20 and the version of the AMT is 9.0

I have entered in MEBx and the first time, I changed the password. I can still now access to MEBx with my new Password, I configured My network Ip, etc.. and from other PC I can access to the WEB UI from http://IP:16992, When I access there and push "log on", a pop-up ask me for user and password to login But I can't access from there.

I have not configured any user, I don't know where can I do that, so I am traying with user "admin" and the password of MEBx, but nothing, don't work, the web page ask me again for user and pass until I press cancel.

Lance Says: "You can go into the MEBx and perform an unprovision. Then provision the system again in SMB and your admin password will be the same as your MEBx password again." But I don't underand how can I do a unprovision and How can I do a provision, ¿what is SMB?

I need what are the steps one by one to try that Lance says.

Please Help!!

I'm sorry for my poor english, I am Spanish.

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi - here is a video that might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOZjBdsm_yY

SMB is "Small to Medium Business" mode.  This was a mode that was relevant on the older versions of AMT Clients.  Current systems have "Client Control Mode".

If you can sign on to your MEBx menus during boot you can unprovision there and then you can reboot your system, sign back in and then enable Intel AMT again. When you enable AMT the AMT Admin password is synced with the MEBx password.  The will remain synced unless you change the AMT Admin password.  Changing the AMT Admin password does not change the MEBx password.  

If you can't log in to the MEBx menus, you may be able to pull the CMOS battery and that will take the system back to factory mode and then you can then enable AMT again.

Some OEM systems have a BIOS menu option that allows you to disable AMT - you may be able to disable AMT and that should take it back to factory mode as well.

Here is a link to the Start Here Guide - it has examples in it as well.

0 Kudos