Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Cannot Remote Desktop

rpotenciano
Beginner

Hi,

We just bought an AMT enabled PC. After installing XP Pro and all related drivers, we can no longer remote to the PC through RDP. We think we missed something on the AMT settings. When we dont install the chipset drivers, and install just the NIC driver, we can RDP to the PC. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
It sounds to me like you are missing the drivers that would have come with the system. After you installed XP, you would want to install all the drivers, including network drivers that came with the system (hopefully your system came with disks containing all thefirrmware and drivers neededfor your Intel AMT system.)Let us know if you did this and also let us know if there is a firewall preventing your connection?
0 Kudos
rpotenciano
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did install all the network drivers and I can connect to our servers from this computer. I can alos remote desktop from this computer to any of the computers on the network. I turned the firewall off and made sure it would not catch group policies related to the firewall. Before I installed the drivers for the chipset (AMT HECI, AMT SOL and Intel Chipset Software), I can remote to the PC, but after the install its a no go. This makes me think theres a setting within AMT thats blocking traffic for Remote Desktop.

I am working on Dell Optiplex 755.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

I can't think of any settings within AMT that could block the Remote Desktop. I have an AMT system (not Dell Optiplex) which has got all the above drivers and i can do remote desktop to that system. Could you try a couple of things:

1. Can you ping to this sytem from your server?

2. Can you access this sytem through WebUI? For this open an IE window in the server and type http://IPAddress:16992 where IPAddress is the IP Address of your AMT system

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
djrisken
Beginner

We are having this same issue on Dell Optiplex 755. The Dell forum pages have a few postings on this issue.

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=Desktops_Workstation_Optiplex&message.id=3098&query.id=146206#M3098

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Sree

0 Kudos
rao_raghunath
Beginner

I had this problem with my Optiflex 755 for about a week. I downgraded from Vista to XP and I had no clue on how to resolve this issue. Dell support told me since I changed my OS they cannot support, but as a one time thing they supported. To my surprise they screwed up my computer much more and made me reinstall OS. Even after I reinstalled OS, I was getting this problem.

Anyway, the problem occured because of the wrong Video Driver. Dell Driver CD comes with RADEON HD 2400 PRO and RADEON HD 2400 XT, you have to make sure that you install the correct one. Go to your Event Viewer and see if you have any errors with RDPDD.dll, I had 'RDPDD.dll failed to load' in my event log. In my case I had installed 2400XT and it was causing this problem. Problem is your Device Manager does not show any issues with the wrong driver. Try insalling the correct driver from the CD or support.dell.com, even if it does not work go to AMD website and download the correct driver. It should resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
ricjam
Beginner
We had the same issues here as well. Could not log in remotely to the Optiplex 755 using Remote Desktop

rao_raghunath you solution worked in regards to the video drivers.

The systems had the HD 2400 XT drivers installed. I removed it and installed the HD 2400 Pro and everything is working properly with using Remote Desktop on the Optiplex 755

Thank you very.
0 Kudos