Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Cannot build Intel client code x64 in visual studio 2008

bao_t_
Beginner

Hi All,

I am developing a client app C++ called AppX86 to test Intel AMT using AMT_SDK_11.0.0.35. My client app built successful and work exactly what I expected with X86 mode (Win32). But I got the real problem is that AppX86 is failed when I want to run this app in x64 (Windows 10). So I tried to build the new app called AppX64 and tried to use the lib x64 of Intel SDK. I configured visual studio 2008 to build x64 successful. But I got the error as following:

CimOpenWsmanClient_x64.lib(error.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'IA64' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

I do not understand what is the IA64? and how can I fix this?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

We tried to replicate and was not able to get the error using visual Studio 2013. I would look into trying to compile with a newer version of visual studio.

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Bao,

If I understand the Question correctly, your able to compile your x64 code, however when you run the .exe you are getting the IA64 error message.

IA64 is referring to the Itanium Processor Architecture 64 bit. My first suggestion would be to change to another system such as a Intel Core i5 or i7 system as the error seems to be an underlying hardware compatibility issue of IA64 vs x64.

What OEM and model system are you getting the error message on?

Joe

0 Kudos
bao_t_
Beginner

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your help. Sorry that I typed mistake. My real problem is that I cannot compile the app X64 in visual studio 2008. I got the error as following when my code linked the lib CimOpenWsmanClient_x64.lib:

CimOpenWsmanClient_x64.lib(error.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'IA64' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

Note:

I installed x64 build configuration in visual studio 2008. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

We tried to replicate and was not able to get the error using visual Studio 2013. I would look into trying to compile with a newer version of visual studio.

Joe

0 Kudos