Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Disabling Intel ME progromatically...

wstoffel
Beginner

Can this be done? I have a ton of Optiplex 755s that I need the Intel ME feature disabled in the BIOS. Right now I'm just hitting CTRL+P in the post, changing the *admin* password then going into the config and disabling the feature.

I need to do this on 300 machines....any ideas on another way it can be done?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Quoting - wstoffel

Can this be done? I have a ton of Optiplex 755s that I need the Intel ME feature disabled in the BIOS. Right now I'm just hitting CTRL+P in the post, changing the *admin* password then going into the config and disabling the feature.

I need to do this on 300 machines....any ideas on another way it can be done?

Thanks

Hi,

Unfortunately, the answer is No. Would be curious to know why you would want to disable AMT in the bios. Is it getting into the way of any other functionality?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
wstoffel
Beginner

Hi,

Unfortunately, the answer is No. Would be curious to know why you would want to disable AMT in the bios. Is it getting into the way of any other functionality?

Thanks,

Sree

That's it exactly. It causes more issues than it solves, and since we don't need the functionality we need it disabled. In a nutshell a lot of the legacy mainframe apps lose total connectivity. Thanks for the answer though.

0 Kudos
RBens2
Valued Contributor I
I'm just curious, what makes you think that AMT is causing the mainframe apps to lose connectivity? How exactly is the presence of AMT causing the apps to lose connectivity?

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

I'm curious too. I haven't seen AMT cause the loss of apps to lose network connectivity unless maybe there are conflicts with the network addressing of the ME not being set to DHCP and the host being set to the OS host. And this wouldn't be happening unless you had actually configured AMT in either Small Business Mode or in Enterprise mode - unless AMT has been enabled and configured, it wouldn't be doing anything with the network. Have you analyzed your network traffic at the time your apps are losing connectivity on the network? What is your address lease time? Does this disconnect happen when a system's address lease is up and then maybe it gets a new address? Can you describe the problem in more detail?

0 Kudos