Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Disk Partitions

whgibbo
Beginner
Hi,
I've been looking at the hardware asset interface.

I was wondering if it was possible to get the disk partitions back in Out-Of-Band?
Or would I have to write an local agent that wrote this information in the 3PDS?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Gibbo,

All of the hardware asset inventory you get from AMT is something that BIOS can see. Its basically the physical hardware on the platforms and the disk partitions are logical components which wont be available part of AMT asset inventory. If you have a local agent that can parse the logical disk partitions and write it to the 3PDS, AMT can make that information available OOB.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee
In the latest version of the Intel AMT DTK, you can now perform WMI queries over Serial-over-LAN to Intel AMT Outpost who will answer the query and the result will be displayed in Intel AMT Commander. In version v.044, the WMI user interface is still pretty basic, but you can query for disk information, etc. Of course, it requires that Intel AMT Outpost be running on the Intel AMT computer. Also, Intel AMT Outpost can store WMI queries to 3PDS so, if later the computer crashes, you can use Intel AMT Commander to get disk information out of 3PDS.

Ylian (Intel AMT Blog)
0 Kudos