Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Doubts with Intel AMT SCA and SCS

alberto_sagan
Beginner
Hi everyone,

I have been reading SCA Guide and some other documents, and I have some doubts.

Ive understood that SCS has been developed from SCA, so if I want to use Enterprise Mode, can I use SCS directly?

I read SCS uses IIS,.NET and SQL, so if you dont want to use those applications(because you want to use apache,oracle...), then you can develop a server from SCA...but if I dont mind using IIS,.NET and SQL...is there any problem about using SCS for my project?

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
5 Replies
alberto_sagan
Beginner
Another question I would like to answer is: is it necessary to setup and configure an AMT device each time it is powered on...or only the first time?
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

You can use SCS for provisioning your system in the Enterprise mode if you are fine with IIS, .Net and SQL components. And you need to do it only once - you don't have to do it each time you power on the system unless you reset the CMOS settings.

You can download the latest version of SCS here

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi - for additional information about the SCA vs the SCS, take a look at this blog.

0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner
Thanks for your answers.

I have another doubt: I have read that using Intel SCS, you dont need to go and configure physically the machine...but I also read that there are three AMT modes (fabric mode, setup mode and operational mode). Initially AMT is in Fabric Mode and when you configure manually AMT BIOS, it goes to Setup Mode. When it is in Setup Mode, it is supposed to be possible to configure remotely with SCA.

Is it OK? If not, what is the right process?

Is it possible to setup and configure remotely an AMT device without previous physical contact by an IT?? I want to say, that if you open a new office and you send a new AMT device directly from the shop...could you remotely configure with SCS and afterwards, remotely manage with a management console? Or should you go and set the device in Setup Mode and afterwards, you could remotey configure with SCS and remotely manage?

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

There are 3 modes or stages that the AMT system has to go through before it is operationa- factory mode, setup mode and operational mode. AMT system comes from factory in factory mode whereAMT is unconfigured. When the user configures the AMT settings through Bios, it enters into setup mode. This is the stage where it waits for configuration settings from SCS. Please read more about this processes in the Developers' guide for SCS

Remote configuration is possible for AMT versions 2.2/2.6/3.0 and onwards.This feature allows setup and configuration of an Intel AMT device without having to install a PID/PPS pair.They usually come withone or more pre-installed root certificate hashes used to authenticate the setup and configuration application. Youy can find more aboutthis under Remote Configuration section in page 20 of the Developer's guide.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos