Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Enabling legacy mode redirection

MPala11
New Contributor II
Hi All,

I'm provisiong AMT systems 6.0 and above using Enterprise mode(Remote configuration - PKI )
Legacy redirection mode is disabled after doing provision, is there any way to enable Legacy redirection mode without entering MEBx menu. I would like to enable through WS-Man call or as configuration parameter similar to enable KVM redirection in remote configuration without changing status as Enabled in MEBx menu

Thanks,
Mani
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Hi - it is my understanding that the Legacy Redirection option in the MEBx menus is only relevant if you are enabling AMT via the MEBx Menus. If you are doing Remote Configuration and SOL/IDER are enabled in the BIOs then all your console needs to do is make sure the listener is turned on.
Gael
0 Kudos
MPala11
New Contributor II
Hi Gael,

In the remote configuration itself I have enabled SOL, IDE-R, KVM interfaces which means listeners were turned on already. But for intiating IDE-R we need Legacy redirection mode to be enabled , in this case i need to enter manually into MEBx menu for enablingLegacy redirection mode. Remote configuration is used for setting up AMT without entering into MEBx, but in this case system administrator needs to go every system and manually enable Legacy redirection mode.

Thanks,
Mani
0 Kudos
MPala11
New Contributor II
Hi Gael,

In the remote configuration itself I have enabled SOL, IDE-R, KVM interfaces which means listeners were turned on already. But for intiating IDE-R we need Legacy redirection mode to be enabled , in this case i need to enter manually into MEBx menu for enablingLegacy redirection mode. Remote configuration is used for setting up AMT without entering into MEBx, but in this case system administrator needs to go every system and manually enable Legacy redirection mode.

Thanks,
Mani
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
From the SDK Documentation:
SelectSOL/IDE-R, selectLegacyRedirectionModeand select ENABLED to enable theredirectionlistener. This can ensure compatiblity with management consoles created to work with thelegacySMB mode and do not have a mechanism implemented to enable the listener.
---
It is only necessary to go into the MEBx Menus to enable Legacy Redirection Mode if you are working in SMB mode with these systems - otherwise theere is no other way to enable their listeners. If you are provisioning remotely and you are not in SMB mode then you should not need to go into the MEBx to enable it.
Gael
0 Kudos