Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

Enterprise provisioning with SCS - Another process is currently working on Intel AMT device

jacek9
Beginner
I have a little problem with enterprise provisnining usung SCS. I've configured everything accorting to Intel_AMT_SCS_Installation_and_User_Manual (Standalone). The provisioning is successful. But after a while I get this messages in logs in SCS:

"2008-01-31 09:20:31,Exception in set rng key worker: (0xCFFF06AC) SOAP Failure (22): setRngKey: Http error.,Error,TESTAdministrator
2008-01-31 09:20:31,Set rng key on Intel AMT device.,Information,TESTAdministrator
2008-01-31 09:20:30,Exception when processing Maintenance worker - 0xCFFF0089 : Another process is currently working on Intel AMT device.
2008-01-31 09:20:30,Exception when trying to push request - 0xCFFF0089 : Another process is currently working on Intel AMT device.."

I don't really get the "Another process is currently working(...)" part. What does it refer to? The AMT device is turned off, nobody is connected to it...

And I can't connect to the device using Web/commander/etc.

When I provision the device using Director (everything works fine) I can connect to the AMT device whithout any problems.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Hi - I just wanted to let you know that we are looking into your issue.
0 Kudos
jacek9
Beginner
I can add that SCS gives me 137(about another process working on Intel AMT device) error when I try to do anything with the device (eg. set ACL, re-provision).

Did anyone encounter this problem?
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

We need the following info for debugging this:

1. What version of SCS are you using?

2. What version of AMT?

3.3. How did you provisioned the machine PKI or PSK?

4. The dev log that capturing the described below errors will be helpful.

In order to turn on the one you should do the follow:

In the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREIntelAMTConfServerLOG create new create new string value "LogLevel" with value data V.

It should create 2 files: scs_server.log and scs_win_server.log in root directory

Please capture the error and send it tous with machine name

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacek9
Beginner
Where should I send it?

I'll send the logs next week, as currently I don't have access to the scs server.

About other questions:
1. SCS would be 3.3.0.8.0,
2. AMT - 3.0
3. PSK

0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee
I never used SCS ever... I am the author of the Intel AMT DTK, but I am going to take a wild guess at what the problem is. When you setup the PID/PSK in MEBx, you also changed the MEBx password to something other than "admin". SCS needs to know what password you changed it to in order to log into the computer to perform the re-provisioning. I am guessing SCS has the wrong password, it will also try "admin" but that will fail too.

Ok, just a guess.

Ylian (Intel AMT Blog)
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
I missed the part about the Soap error 22 - this does often indicate an incorrect password.
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

You can post the log file here itself. In the Reply page, go to the options tab, where you can attach your file.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos