Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Find out remotly if a computer is vpro or not

cosp
Beginner
Hi
Is it possible to find out if a computer is vpro or not, remotly
Maybe from an inventory query in Altiris ?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - cosp
Hi
Is it possible to find out if a computer is vpro or not, remotly
Maybe from an inventory query in Altiris ?

Hi,
As your question gets asked frequently I have written a blog about programmatically finding AMT Capable sytems. Note that in order for the AMT Scan tool that I reference in the blog to work, the system needs to have the MEI / LMS drivers installed - since AMT systems come with this software installed the only reason why they wouldn't have the software is if someone actually uninstalled it.

Currently, there is no wayfor an AMT management tool,such as Altiris, todiscover a vPro system until Intel AMT has been enabled. You might want to look through the Start Here Guide - it has information on the drivers and services that run in order to support Intel AMT so if your pre-enabled AMT systems have these drivers/servicesinstalled - that would be a way to determine if they were vPro Systems or not (if the AMT Scan tool is not working for you.)

Here is a nice cheat sheet that is on the vPro Expert Center - it tells you which OEMs you can buy a vPro system from and also lists what chipsets the systems would have.

I also wrote a couple blogs about what components to look for on a Intel AMT capable system (because it's not always clear on OEM websites whether you are actually getting a vPro system or not. Take a look at the AMT 5.0 blog, and the AMT 4.0 blog.

I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
ahmad__mushtak
Beginner

hii.. cops,

nice question,

Vpro is a function of the CPU, and that one does support it.but vPro provides direct access to fleets of equipment, it's important that these channels be protected. Constant didn't quantify how secure vPro is, but he did tell me that vPro offers "Intel's latest and greatest software and security features for PCs.

0 Kudos