Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

GetEACStatus

john_prothro
Beginner

Subject call returns PT_STATUS_INVALID_MEMBER_COUNT.

However, the documentation says that it must return one of the following...

PT_STATUS_SUCCESS or PT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR.

It succeeds if I call it locally via eac, however, the remote call fails this way when I use eaca. Any idea what's wrong?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
john_prothro
Beginner
ok... solved it. So it is not really true that it MUST return only one of the two indicated values is it...
0 Kudos
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Hi John,

Good to know that it is solved. Can you explain me what was being attempted to generate that error? The return values of error codes are different when using EAC vs EACA realm. Please refer to the netowrk interface guide for the list of errors. PT_STATUS_INVALID_MEMBER_COUNT is not listed as a possible error code for this API in both the realms. I am very curious to know how you were able to generate this and what you did to resolve it. Also can you consistently generate this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
john_prothro
Beginner

"Can you explain me what was being attempted to generate that error?"

I was attempting to get the EAC status via a GetEACStatus call.

"The return values of error codes are different when using EAC vs EACA realm."

Really... your documentation says that they are "identical". I am probably wrong, but that sort of implies to me that the return values would actually be the same... i.e. identical? Perhaps I have missed some fine print somewhere, but I have combed over the document and cannot find any other reference that indicates that the return values would actually be different... only the single reference that they would be the same... i.e. identical.

"PT_STATUS_INVALID_MEMBER_COUNT is not listed as a possible error code for this API in both the realms."

Opps... perhaps we have some sort of docversion or sdk version issue... to be more clear, my call returns 0x16. In my (actually your) status code definitions, 0x16 is indicated to be a PT_STATUS_INVALID_MEMBER_COUNT.

"I am very curious to know how you were able to generate this and what you did to resolve it."

Ok... I can certainly appreciate that.

"Also can you consistently generate this?"

Yes. If I change my code back, it re-breaks my/your code and it always returns this value of 0x16.

0 Kudos
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Hi John,

Thanks for your responses.

I was looking at the network interface guide in the SDK 3.0for the return values for GetEACStatus API. Section 7.16.1.3 defines this API under EACA realm and has four possible error codes.

Section 7.17.1.1 defines this API under EAC realm and has only two return codes. So that is the reason I mentioned in my earlier post that the return values are different based on the realm this API was accessed.

Yes return code of 0x16 corresponds to PT_STATUS_INVALID_MEMBER_COUNT. Do you get this error code when using EAC or EACA realm or both the realms? What is the code change that you had to doto make this go away?

0 Kudos
john_prothro
Beginner

Yes, I see it now... just did not go to the next page... I can't believe I missed that... (actually I can, but anyway;) Yes, you are so very correct... the return value that I am getting is not one that is indicated to be returned by the call. This is against theEACA service. Very interesting how it can do that... Let me think about your last question some.

0 Kudos