Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Graphics with Intel AMT

prayer
Beginner
Hello @ all,
I've a little Problem configuring an Intel AMT system.

First, I have two systems. At the first one I have installed an Windows XP
on the second one nothing. I have configured Intel AMT in Small Business Mode on the second one.
At the first system on with Windows XP I have installed the DTK.
I connect over the Intel AMT Commander Tool with the second system.
I can shutdown, reboot... and so on, but I cannot display any graphics.

So now the question:
What I have to do that I can display any graphics
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Quoting - prayer
Hello @ all,
I've a little Problem configuring an Intel AMT system.

First, I have two systems. At the first one I have installed an Windows XP
on the second one nothing. I have configured Intel AMT in Small Business Mode on the second one.
At the first system on with Windows XP I have installed the DTK.
I connect over the Intel AMT Commander Tool with the second system.
I can shutdown, reboot... and so on, but I cannot display any graphics.

So now the question:
What I have to do that I can display any graphics

Hi Prayer!
What do you mean by "display any graphics"?

Are you saying that the second machine (with AMT in Small Business)presents a blankscreen in his display?

Or you want to show the display from machine 2 in the console of machine 1?
If the later, then the closest you can get to it, most probably, is SOL.

Take a look at some of the videos about SOL
(like this one by Gael: http://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/demo-of-intel-amt-serial-over-lan-sol-feature/)
to see if this feature is what you are looking for.

Shmuel
0 Kudos
prayer
Beginner
Hi Prayer!
What do you mean by "display any graphics"?

Are you saying that the second machine (with AMT in Small Business)presents a blankscreen in his display?

Or you want to show the display from machine 2 in the console of machine 1?
If the later, then the closest you can get to it, most probably, is SOL.

Take a look at some of the videos about SOL
(like this one by Gael: http://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/demo-of-intel-amt-serial-over-lan-sol-feature/
)
to see if this feature is what you are looking for.

Shmuel

Hello Shmuel,

first thanks for your answer.
Yes, I wanted to show the Display from the second machine in the console from machine 1.
But if i start to install Windows, no graphics can be displayed. My remote console display is freezed.
Another question: SOL can only display text and no pictures videos or other graphical effekts or ?

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Quoting - prayer

Hello Shmuel,

first thanks for your answer.
Yes, I wanted to show the Display from the second machine in the console from machine 1.
But if i start to install Windows, no graphics can be displayed. My remote console display is freezed.
Another question: SOL can only display text and no pictures videos or other graphical effekts or ?

Yes, SOL is only for text, not for graphics. It's most useful for handling BIOS changes, or resolving issues that come up before the OS loads. Of course, if you have a text based OS it works with that as well.

Andy
0 Kudos
prayer
Beginner
Yes, SOL is only for text, not for graphics. It's most useful for handling BIOS changes, or resolving issues that come up before the OS loads. Of course, if you have a text based OS it works with that as well.

Andy

But there must be an possibility to display for example Windows Vista in the Remote Console or ?
Also when I install Windows on another PC over the Commander Console, there must be an possibility to display the setup
0 Kudos
RBens2
Valued Contributor I

Hi Prayer,

SOL is only for text, that's all it does, it doesn't do graphics at all. The only graphics that it can do are the line drawing characters that have been used to simulate windows in DOS applications. If you want to do graphics in Windows, you can use VNC to talk to the SOL port as if it were a modem connection, and then use the TCP redirection capabilities in the DTK to connect the VNC client to the remote VNC server. Also, you will not be able to see the Windows setup screens because the are actually a graphics mode and not a text mode even though the content is text only. The only real way that you can do a Windows installation over SOL is to use an unattended setup method.

Regards,
Roger
0 Kudos