Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

HELP PLEASE

zetroc84
Beginner
can someone please help i have windows 7 running on an acer veriton 6900 pro with an intel pentium dual cpu e2180 @2.00ghz 2.00ghz 2.00gb of ram 32-bit operating system. my dvd/cd rw my hadware ids for it are:

IDE\CdRomHL-DT-ST_DVDRAM_GSA-H60N________________CA01____
IDE\HL-DT-ST_DVDRAM_GSA-H60N________________CA01____
IDE\CdRomHL-DT-ST_DVDRAM_GSA-H60N________________
HL-DT-ST_DVDRAM_GSA-H60N________________CA01____
GenCdRom

it stopped working shortly after deleting nero it says error 10 this device can not start but i noticed also that the pci serial port and pci simple communation controller say error 28 the hardware ids for the pci serial port are:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&SUBSYS_0CEE105B&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&SUBSYS_0CEE105B
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&CC_070002
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&CC_0700

and the pci simple communacations controller hardware ids are:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_0CEE105B&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_0CEE105B
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&CC_0780

can some one please help i just wanna get my dvd/cd rw back working so i can make data disk for job i have tried everything under the sun from uninstalling the devices and rebooting to online help.if any other info is needed let me know
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RBens2
Valued Contributor I
Hi Zetroc84,

The code 10 on the DVD drive says that the driver couldn't successfully connect to the HW. You may want to pull the drive out, remove the device, and re-install the drive. As for the other devices, they are the Intel MEI device, and the Intel SOL serial port for AMT. Both of these devices are needed for AMT to work correctly on your system. You will need to reinstall the MEI driver and SOL driver for these yellow question marks to go away.

Regards,
Roger
0 Kudos
zetroc84
Beginner
hey tried the mei and sol they both said my system dont met requirements for them and dvd drive still doesnt work it opens and closes and can read when booting(tried to do system recover) but thats about it after os loads cant use anymore my chipset is intel q965-963
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Quoting - zetroc84
hey tried the mei and sol they both said my system dont met requirements for them and dvd drive still doesnt work it opens and closes and can read when booting(tried to do system recover) but thats about it after os loads cant use anymore my chipset is intel q965-963

Have you followed up with Acer regarding the DVD/CD-Rom issues? I'm not sure how much help we can provide here, since your issue sounds like a problem with the drive or the drivers supporting it.

With regards to the MEI device and SOL serial port, you should be able to follow-up with Acer to obtain the proper drivers. But both those drivers shouldn't impact your ability to burn CD or DVD's, since they are related to vPro and don't impact the DVD/CD Rom.
0 Kudos