Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

How to access Intel AMT ME on ThinkPad T410?

jacace
New Contributor I

Hi everybody,

I've tried Ctrl+ P and F2but they did not work. I can only see the AMT (enabled/disabled), CIRA and terminal option on BIOS setup, but I cannot see other AMT options like provision mode (entreprise or basic).

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

On my T410, if AMT was enabled in the BIOS, pressing Ctrl-P (repeatedly after boot) paused the system at the MEBx menu, with only one option listed:
"Press 1 to enter ME configuration screens"

Pressing 1 got me into the standard MEBx window that I was used to, the one that prompts for the MEBx password, then allows you to configure the system.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

On my T410, if AMT was enabled in the BIOS, pressing Ctrl-P (repeatedly after boot) paused the system at the MEBx menu, with only one option listed:
"Press 1 to enter ME configuration screens"

Pressing 1 got me into the standard MEBx window that I was used to, the one that prompts for the MEBx password, then allows you to configure the system.

0 Kudos
printing_host
Beginner
Thanks.. I was also having the same problem... :)
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello Andrew,

Yeah, you're rigth. It's necesary to press CTRL+P more than once.
BTW: I found this documentation about AMT onThinkpad: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology_(AMT)

Thanks,

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis
0 Kudos