Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel® AMT: Operating system lockup or power interrupt.

Jack_M_
Beginner

Recently I logged into the event viewer on the web based active management console and noticed that my server is stuck repeating: 

"Operating system lockup or power interrupt."

Right after:

Starting operating system boot process.
Add-in card    Starting ROM initialization.

The server is a TS-140 Xeon server running Windows 8.1 pro with 16GB of ECC, the OS is on a 500gb hd and there's an intel raid 0 array (this gave me an error since I created it after installing windows).

Anyway, the main problem is that I don't even know where to start to try and solve this,

Thanks,

Jack

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Have you physically checked the server? It sounds like an add in card (which has an OpRom like a RAID card or even a network card) isn't loading correctly. Not sure this has anything to do with AMT.

0 Kudos
Jack_M_
Beginner

Colleen Culbertson (Intel) wrote:

Have you physically checked the server? It sounds like an add in card (which has an OpRom like a RAID card or even a network card) isn't loading correctly. Not sure this has anything to do with AMT.

Thanks Colleen, I agree it is a problem with the OS since it won't throw errors when it is running low level diagnostics. My question is "what does that error mean?" and why it is so periodic.

After looking at the event viewer I discovered that WMI is throwing Errors every ~10 seconds, so this seems to be a possible candidate. 

0 Kudos
Jack_M_
Beginner

Well, I updated the SMBus controller and the intel nic driver (the latter was the one throwing the event viewer errors) and now my event viewer is clear but I am still getting those AMT errors. What else could be causing it? I've attached a copy of the AMT log from boot to errors *(note that the computer still works fine) 

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Please clarify - is the server actually running ok after boot?  

0 Kudos
Jack_M_
Beginner

Colleen,

That's what's so strange. The computer boots up fine, the Windows event viewer shows no errors, I can connect with the Manageability Commander, everything works, but every two minutes on the dot the AMT Event Log says "Operating system lockup or power interrupt."

Thanks,

Jack

0 Kudos