Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel AMT configuration

amit_kulkarni83
New Contributor I

Hi All,

I am configuring a machine for AMT in Small Buziness Mode. I have done all the configurations required and dialog box on startup shows AMT status as Enabled. But when I use URL to login in in AMT's built in web server with port 16992 it shows following lines,

Web access to AMT is dsabled or web page is not available.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Also Tell me where can I set DHCP server address to be used by my AMT machine?

Thanks & Regards, Amit.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DAN_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I'm assuming that you are trying to connect your AMT web server from the local host interface. However access to the web UI of Intel AMT is only available via the remote interface(nework) and not accessible from the local interface. This is by design so that people managing your system can modify settings (remotely) as needed and not let the local user change them.

Also AMT is usingthe DHCP protocol by default so it should find your DHCP server automatically on your network, there is no need to provide it. However the TCP/IP configuration is still available through bothMEBx (Ctrl+P on boot) andWeb Interface.

you may check your DHCP server and check for the AMT machine entry to identify the address already assigned, then connect to the Web server through a remote console...

Hope that helps :-)

Dan

0 Kudos
amit_kulkarni83
New Contributor I

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the help. It worked.

Now I am trying to run ApiTest.exe from sample application in AMT SDK with -t parameter I have given username and password correctly and url same as that I have used in web browser. But it failed. I think I am using wrong URL what url I should use.

Also tell me what url I should use for call ISVS_RegisterApplicationEx.

0 Kudos
DAN_A_Intel
Employee

Hey Amit,

As mentioned when you run the sample without parameter, it depends on which machine you are running you sample app. You should try to use the following command line:

hope that answer your question ...

Dan

0 Kudos
amit_kulkarni83
New Contributor I

Hi ,

I have given following command from remote console...

ApiTest.exe -t http://192.168.50.140:16992/StorageService -user admin -pass Amit123#Nilesh

But, it gives me following output...

Calling function ISVS_Initialize... success

Calling function ISVS_InitializeCOMinThread... success

Calling function ISVS_GetHostUUID... success

Calling function ISVS_RegisterApplication...
Error: failed while calling ISVS_RegisterApplication
Status = 9

Calling function ISVS_UninitializeCOMinThread... success

Calling function ISVS_Uninitialize... success

Whatis the possible problems? In command 192.168.50.140 is the IP of my AMT machine.

0 Kudos
amit_kulkarni83
New Contributor I

Hi,

I have done it successfully. For that I haev to register the Enterprise name and application name using Storage administration interface ie. using sample application StorageAdmin.exe.

It is documented that we have to use AddStorageEaclEntry. This saple ie. StorageAdmin is in C#. I want to do same in VC++. Is there any way to do it? If you have some information, please help me.

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Amit,

Version 4.0 of the SDK was just made available yesterday, and one of the new features was that many of the examples now have C++ code as well as C# code. I went and looked at the new SDK, and the Storage Administration example (in /Intel_AMT/Samples/WS-Management/StorageAdministration) now has C++ and C# directories. Was this the application you were using, and does this help?

You can obtain the latest SDK from http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-the-latest-intel-amt-software-development-kit-sdk

Andy

0 Kudos
amit_kulkarni83
New Contributor I

Hi All,

The sample projects are good source of information. I am abeled to compile them in VS .NET 8.0. Now I want to create new project and write my own sample application, but it gives lot of linking errors including that of LIBCMT and runtime library errors. It seems that the sample projects have lot different setting than default.

Please help me by replaying steps to create new project with required settings where I can write code for AMT.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Amit,

In general, it's recommended to use one of the existing projects as a starting point, then modify it to add functionality you want to experiment with. If you want to start from scratch, you could remove the files for that particular example and add your own.

I haven't run through this particular exercise of creating a project from scratch before. I'm sure that there would need to be changes to the Configuration Properties, specifically the General properties under bothC/C++ and Linker,but there are quite possibly more changes needed. I'd recommend starting with an existing project to begin with, and adding functionality you would like to experiment with there.

Andy

0 Kudos
amit_kulkarni83
New Contributor I

Hi Andy,

Thanks, Your suggession isok for tryouts. But at the time of developing our product, we require to create new projects so it is necessory to get that knowledge. Also if anyone have problems with settings then to troubleshout this knowledge is required.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi Amit,

Sorry; we can't help you in solving the link errors for your projects.

You have to write your own projects for your purpose. The SDK is just a guideline and example of how to use the various APIs in your development environment.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos