Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel AMT status is disabled

morix87
Beginner
I have a problem: the Intel AMT status icon is always displayed on my Windows taskbar, but it always says: "Intel AMT status on this computer is: disabled."
What can I do to enable it?
Thanks to all those who can help me.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

This indicates that Intel AMT is not properly configured on your system. Please make sure that you have all the drivers installed on your system. You can refer to the Intel AMT Start Here Guide at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-active-management-technology-intel-amt-software-development-kit-sdk-start-here-guide

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
morix87
Beginner
Hi, thanks for your help, but I havent' solve the problem, so I start from the beginning...
I bought a new computer some months ago, and I didn't know what was Intel AMT and that pop up I saw each time (at first the message said "Intel AMT status is: enabled")...so I tried to run the "disable.reg" file in C/Program files/Intel/AMT. But a few time later I tried to re-enable the pop up from the registry editor...I had some problems but I found help in this page: http://softwareblogs.intel.com/2007/04/26/instructions-to-disable-the-intel-amt-privacy-notification-popup/#comment-7404
Now the pop up is enabled but it says "Intel AMT status is: disabled"...
Maybe I did something wrong using the registry editor...
What can I do?

(I'm italian so plese excuse me if I don't explain myself very clearly!)

0 Kudos
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Is it the case that the status messages is displaying that Intel AMT is disabled and you think that AMT is configured and enabled? Can you make sure that AMT is configured properly by connecting from a remote machine? If AMT is not configured, then the status message is displaying the correct message.

If you have found that AMT is configured but the status message is displaying the wrong messages, Irecommend youtore-install the AMT software(HECI driver, LMS/SOL driver)and see if the message displays correct status.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
rxccls
Beginner
amt is disabled and i keep getting a message saying to enable click here and i do then it takes me to the intel home page on the net and i don't know what to do is it bad that it is disabled. this is a new computer and i don't know anything about about computers. i did not have the right protection and got a virus and my husband reset the computer and i don't if that messed it up or what. please help
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

If you are not using any of the Intel AMT features (basically this is for managing your system remotely), you don't have to enable it. So, you can keep it as such. It is necessary to have a good antivirus software running on your system to protect it from virus attacks in the future.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hi there,

If AMT is disabled and You need enable it It's necesary going into BIOS and switch it (come up with admin password cause it's required).

Javier Andrs
0 Kudos