Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel ME/AMT Default Password Change

Rg_V_
Beginner

Hi!

I am new to ME/AMT configuration, and I would like to ask if there is a way to remotely change the default password? The ME/AMT was not configured. What I would like to change is the default password because it is well known. We are not planning on supporting Me/AMT in our environment at any time in the near future.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Greetings,

There is only one way of changing the MEBx password remotely and that is to a remote configuration of the device using SCS.This requires a third party SSL configuration certificate and specific network requirements.

Upon completion of configuration via SCS, AMT will also be configured. At this point you can manage the device using AMT or simply perform a AMT un-configuration. This will not change the custom  MEBx password you provided during configuration, but will disable AMT.

More information on SCS can be found here

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Greetings,

There is only one way of changing the MEBx password remotely and that is to a remote configuration of the device using SCS.This requires a third party SSL configuration certificate and specific network requirements.

Upon completion of configuration via SCS, AMT will also be configured. At this point you can manage the device using AMT or simply perform a AMT un-configuration. This will not change the custom  MEBx password you provided during configuration, but will disable AMT.

More information on SCS can be found here

Joe

0 Kudos