Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel Mangeability Engine Failed to start

her0
Beginner
Hey guys,
I've read a lot of stuff on the internet about this issue and didn't find any useful info on this...
So i'm asking here. My motherboard is Intel DP35DP, jst updated the BIOS, however fully the BIOS could not be updated (IME for example...)
Processor model is Core 2 Quad Q9300.
And what actually does this interface gives me? Do I seriously miss some features of the processor or what?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Could you please explain in more detail what happened when you could not fully update the BIOS? Were you trying to change to a newer version of the BIOS or just trying to change some settings in your current BIOS?

Also, could you clarify what you are trying to accomplish? Are you trying to enable Active Management Technology on your system so you can use it's features?

If you are just looking for some information on Intel Active Management Technology, you may find some answers in the Intel VPro Frequently Asked Questions. You may also find what you are looking for in the Architecture Guide which has a good overview of features and some information on the Management Engine.

0 Kudos
her0
Beginner
What I am trying to accomplish is to enable the Intel Engine Management and it's inerface. I added images of what does it write on screen when failes to start image with name IME, and I thought that updating the BIOS will help it but no... When I tried to update, the image namde BIOS speaks for itself. My motherboard is DP35DP, and update I was trying is this link
the .exe file... :(

bios
ime
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

I would first recommend trying to do a BIOS Recovery as outlined in the Readme. You may need to download the .BIO recovery file from the downloads page for your BIOS.

If you are still having issues, I would refer you to Email TechnicalSupportas this issue is related to the BIOS/Firmware update.

After looking at the specs for your board I should also point out that it does not support Active Management Technology as I first assumed. Your board uses a management engine to enable Intel Quiet System Technology.

0 Kudos
her0
Beginner
Ok! Thank you
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

No problem, you're welcome.

0 Kudos
vzvezda
Beginner

I would first recommend trying to do a BIOS Recovery as outlined in the Readme. You may need to download the .BIO recovery file from the downloads page for your BIOS.

I had the same problem and the BIOS Recovery solved it.

The problem was with board DQ35JOE and it happend when the computer hung during the AMT setup. It was impossible to enter to the ME BIOS (BIOS said "Input Rejected!" on any password). Reseting CMOS or upgrading firmware did not help. With BIOS Recovery problem was solved. May be it will help somebody else.
0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Quoting - earlnsk

I had the same problem and the BIOS Recovery solved it.

The problem was with board DQ35JOE and it happend when the computer hung during the AMT setup. It was impossible to enter to the ME BIOS (BIOS said "Input Rejected!" on any password). Reseting CMOS or upgrading firmware did not help. With BIOS Recovery problem was solved. May be it will help somebody else.

Earlnsk, thanks for sharing your solution!

Since Her0 did not comment on this since August, I guess he solved his problem in the same way too.
Who knows, maybe if he is subscribed to the thread he will come and tell us how it went?
0 Kudos