Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

IntelvPro PS module v15.0.0.1 bug prevents module import, and Powershell v7 compatibility

mseng3
Novice

Hello, I recently attempted to use the IntelvPro powershell module v14.0.0.1.2 (which comes with AMT-SDK-14.0.1.0) on Powershell v7. It appears to fail connecting to endpoints. I've used this module successfully for a long on Powershell v5.1 successfully. Can someone please authoritatively state what version of Powershell the IntelvPro module is supported on?

Secondly, I saw that newer SDK versions have been released since I installed v14.0.0.1.2. Currently AMT-SDK-15.0.0.1 is released, which contains IntelvPro module v15.0.0.1. I figured I'd try installing this to see if the newer version works on Powershell v7. It doesn't, however at first I was unable to even import it because there is a "bug" in the code.

On line 353 of Invoke-AMTGUI.ps1, a for loop uses the unicode "dash" character "–" (U+2013 : EN DASH), instead of the proper "hyphen" character "-" (U+002D : HYPHEN-MINUS {hyphen or minus sign}). Apparently this is not an issue in Powershell v5.1 but it causes Powershell v7 to fail importing the module. See attached screenshot.

Once I replaced the dash character with a regular hyphen the module could be successfully imported.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mseng3
Novice

I think I posted this in the wrong forum. I'll be moving it over to https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-vPro-Platform/bd-p/vpro-platform

0 Kudos