Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Interested in writing a C# PXE Server - any suggestions?

gdijim
Beginner
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any reading or material you've come across online on writing a PXE server. I'd like to write it in C# if possible.

Can anyone point me to some documentation to get started?

Thanks!

Jim
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jacace
New Contributor I
Quoting - gdijim
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any reading or material you've come across online on writing a PXE server. I'd like to write it in C# if possible.

Can anyone point me to some documentation to get started?

Thanks!

Jim

Hello Jim,

What do you want to do with a PXE server? Maybe redirect a cd image?
Have you ever consider using a commercial one? like RIS (remote installation server from Microsoft).
I think it would be useful if you clarify your purpose.

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis

0 Kudos
gdijim
Beginner

Hello Jim,

What do you want to do with a PXE server? Maybe redirect a cd image?
Have you ever consider using a commercial one? like RIS (remote installation server from Microsoft).
I think it would be useful if you clarify your purpose.

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis

Hey Javier,
I need a "free" PXE server that can run as a .net library on any Windows machine for a network-based reimage process I'm writing. This needs to be usable from a library tokeep the service encapsulated inside a single system executable with a ton of other functions built in. A pre-bought commercial version isn't really an option.

The problem is I've been totally unable to find any information on where to get started looking to code this thing. I have a pretty decent amount of experience with VB.net, and a good understanding of C#. I'm hoping it's possible to write this, but I really need some documentation or projects in other languages to look at to get started.

Can you help with some direction?

Thanks!

Jim
0 Kudos