Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Interface not found

gennadiy
Beginner
When I try to connect to some interfaces I got 404 error with message "Not Found". For mecase there are next interfaces
Other interfaces works ok.
Why I got error?
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Is this occuring on your system with AMT 5.0?
I want to see if I can recreate the errors.
It seems strange to me that all of these would not work.
0 Kudos
gennadiy
Beginner

Is this occuring on your system with AMT 5.0?
I want to see if I can recreate the errors.
It seems strange to me that all of these would not work.
Yes. AMT is 5.0
Maybe name of interfaces is not correct?
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

The WirelessConfigurationService is not available because it is for mobile systems (e.g. AMT 4.0).
The FirmwareUpdateService is typically not enabled.

But the other two should be available.
Can you open the Intel Management and Security Status located in the Windows tray of the AMT 5.0 system (icon is a blue key on white). Does your AMT tab say "Intel Std Mgt" or does it say "Intel AMT"?
0 Kudos
gennadiy
Beginner

The WirelessConfigurationService is not available because it is for mobile systems (e.g. AMT 4.0).
The FirmwareUpdateService is typically not enabled.

But the other two should be available.
Can you open the Intel Management and Security Status located in the Windows tray of the AMT 5.0 system (icon is a blue key on white). Does your AMT tab say "Intel Std Mgt" or does it say "Intel AMT"?
Hello,
What application I need to use for checking interfaces on remote AMT computer? I not found "Intel Management and Security Status". I have only "Manageability Developer Tool Kit".
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Quoting - gennadiy
Hello,
What application I need to use for checking interfaces on remote AMT computer? I not found "Intel Management and Security Status". I have only "Manageability Developer Tool Kit".

Typically any AMT 4 or AMT 5 system should have come with the Intel Managment and Security Status application installed (the manufacturers install that application as part of setting up the OS AMT components). Did you get the system with an OS installed, or have you installed the OS yourself?

If you got the system with the OS installed (and it's a Windows OS), you should see an Intel Management and Security folder that contains the application.
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Also, the system should have come with a disk containint the AMT drivers and services.
Please refer to the"Intel AMT Drivers and Services" in the Start Here Guidewhich contains screen shots of the IMSS tool.
0 Kudos
gennadiy
Beginner

Also, the system should have come with a disk containint the AMT drivers and services.
Please refer to the"Intel AMT Drivers and Services" in the Start Here Guide which contains screen shots of the IMSS tool.
I use operating system Linux. When I have bought a motherboard that I have not found out a disk with drivers.
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Quoting - gennadiy
I use operating system Linux. When I have bought a motherboard that I have not found out a disk with drivers.

Ah, I didn't realize you were using Linux, that changes matters. You can get the appropriate drivers from the Sourceforge project for amt (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openamt/files/ ).

What type of motherboard is it? Also, what chipset is on it?
0 Kudos
gennadiy
Beginner

Ah, I didn't realize you were using Linux, that changes matters. You can get the appropriate drivers from the Sourceforge project for amt (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openamt/files/ ).

What type of motherboard is it? Also, what chipset is on it?
I add information aboutmotherboard.
0 Kudos
gennadiy
Beginner
Quoting - gennadiy
I add information aboutmotherboard.
Whether there are ideas why at the reference to interfaces I receive an error 404.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - gennadiy
Whether there are ideas why at the reference to interfaces I receive an error 404.

Are you at least able to get into the WEBUI? Can you CTRL P into the AMT/ME configurations? I'm just wondering if the system has the appropriate BIOS/FW installed.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Are you at least able to get into the WEBUI? Can you CTRL P into the AMT/ME configurations? I'm just wondering if the system has the appropriate BIOS/FW installed.

Ok... after doing some more digging around, I looked up the DQ45CB board - our Intel site has it listed as an AMT 5.0 "Professional" sku. This board is actually a Standard Manageability 5.0 SKU which means you have the features of AMT 3.2 - which means you don't have Audit Log or RemoteAccessAdmin Service (and no wireless because your board is a desktop board.) These boards can be upgradeable to the full 5.x feature set, but currently, only in the US and Canada. HERE is a blog that I recently wrote about Standard Manageability.

Relevant APIs: GetCodeVerson - returns SKU informaton

There is an IMSS tool for Linux -it's called mestatus (available on the same page Lance or Andymentioned above). (interface app used to verify whether Intel AMT and Intel TPM are enabled/running on the system. 'Intel Management & Security Status' is displayed in the system icon tra every time user starts X (GUI) session.By default 'Intel Management & Security Status' icon (MEstatus) terminates if one of Intel AMT or Intel TPM is not enabled or not running.This behavior can be changed in 'MEStatusApp' GUI application.(Like windows it requires UNS is running.

Ifyou arenot running a GUI, there are command line options given in the readme file.

0 Kudos
gennadiy
Beginner

Ok... after doing some more digging around, I looked up the DQ45CB board - our Intel site has it listed as an AMT 5.0 "Professional" sku. This board is actually a Standard Manageability 5.0 SKU which means you have the features of AMT 3.2 - which means you don't have Audit Log or RemoteAccessAdmin Service (and no wireless because your board is a desktop board.) These boards can be upgradeable to the full 5.x feature set, but currently, only in the US and Canada. HERE is a blog that I recently wrote about Standard Manageability.

Relevant APIs: GetCodeVerson - returns SKU informaton

There is an IMSS tool for Linux -it's called mestatus (available on the same page Lance or Andymentioned above). (interface app used to verify whether Intel AMT and Intel TPM are enabled/running on the system. 'Intel Management & Security Status' is displayed in the system icon tra every time user starts X (GUI) session.By default 'Intel Management & Security Status' icon (MEstatus) terminates if one of Intel AMT or Intel TPM is not enabled or not running.This behavior can be changed in 'MEStatusApp' GUI application.(Like windows it requires UNS is running.

Ifyou arenot running a GUI, there are command line options given in the readme file.

Hi Gael,
Upgrade board is done programmatically?I can do it myself?
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Quoting - gennadiy
Hi Gael,
Upgrade board is done programmatically?I can do it myself?

Hello,
The upgrade is done as a service, so youcannot do it yourself.
You can take a look at this link to learn more about the Inel Upgrade Service for AMT.
0 Kudos