Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Is Intel VPRO really DASH complaint?

marcelospfcufc
Beginner

I am working in a project whose our objectives are: to make a report about VPRO/DASH technology and to develop applications to VPRO/DASH technology. We have two VPRO 3.0 (motherboard DQ35JO and chipsets Q35/ICH9) machines for tests. When I used the SIMFIRE program to verify if our machines were DASH complaint, and they didnt. The SIMFIRE program gave for us a report showing that Intel VPRO 3.0 isnt complaint with DASH 1.0. I would like to know if VPRO is really DASH complaint and if is possible to develop a software utter complaint with DASH and VPRO?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
I just saw your question on my blog - thank you for posting it here as well. We are looking into your question and will get back with you as soon as we have more information.
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

VPro 3.0 is not DASH compliant. The firmwire version must be 3.2.1 (will be publicly available within a couple of months) to have the vPro DASH implementation. FW 3.0.1 contains WS-MAN support but no DASH.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
marcelospfcufc
Beginner
Thanks for the help!

Regards,
Marcelo Araujo Lima
0 Kudos
kevincline
Beginner

The DASH Conformance Test Suite (based in part on future versions of OpenTestMan - Not SIMFIRE) will not be available before Q4 2008.

Testing with OTM (OpenTestMan) is essentially like debugging w/a component of WHQL before it is released - failures could exist in the implementation under test, the tool itself, or the spec it is based on. Not a very productive exercise before the CTS is Final... DASH 1.0 Specs are also not Final and targetting Q4 2008 closure in DMTF.

The 3.2.1 FW release was targeting DASH 1.0 Compliance, but since the DASH Specs and CTS were/are not Final before 3.2.1 was complete, 3.2.1 is not DASH 1.0 Compliant. This is also true of AMT 4.0 and AMT 5.0 - FYI - for the exact same reasons...

0 Kudos