Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

Is it possible to connect to AMT machine from application based on openssl?

Sudheer
Beginner

Hello,

Is it possible to connect to AMT machine (configured in Enterprise mode) from mgmt application (that uses openssl library) instead of SDK.

If it is possible, Are there any steps that are different for AMT?

-Sudheer
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - msudheer

Hello,

Is it possible to connect to AMT machine (configured in Enterprise mode) from mgmt application (that uses openssl library) instead of SDK.

If it is possible, Are there any steps that are different for AMT?

-Sudheer

Can you give us some more information on what your development environment is? Linux? In order to interface with Intel AMT, you would need to use the APIs that are in the SDK.
0 Kudos
Sudheer
Beginner

Hi Gael,

My environmnet is Visual studio and Windows. I am using sample code provided in SDK to connect as of now. I might have to move to linux environment also in future.

Just wondering if anyone were able to use openssl library beacuse I need some flexibility.. .I just want to establish TLS connection and no other checks done by IMR_IDEROpenTCPSessionEx() or IMR_SOLOpenTCPSessionEx() API calls.

Thanks
Sudheer

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - msudheer

Hi Gael,

My environmnet is Visual studio and Windows. I am using sample code provided in SDK to connect as of now. I might have to move to linux environment also in future.

Just wondering if anyone were able to use openssl library beacuse I need some flexibility.. .I just want to establish TLS connection and no other checks done by IMR_IDEROpenTCPSessionEx() or IMR_SOLOpenTCPSessionEx() API calls.

Thanks
Sudheer

Note that linux does not offer a lot of flexibility - there are way more samples in the SDK for Windows environments. Is your AMT client configured in Enterprise/TLS mode? Unless that is the case it would not be possible to communicate with AMT via TLS.

Note that the primary interfaces that are used for AMT are SOAP (note- SOAP is going away) and WSMAN. The redirection library uses it's own proprietary interface. OpenSSL is also used in the Linux libraries (See the User's Guide in the SDK.)

I'm not sure whether or not I actually answered your question - let me know.
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

You may want to take a look at some of the samples in the SDK that use openssl.
For example the Audit Log sample located at .WindowsIntel_AMTSamplesWS-ManagementAuditLogC++ uses openssl.
I think most of the C++ samples use openssl.
0 Kudos