Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Linking with iamt.lib in debug configuration

hasyed
Beginner

Hi,

When I try to build my application in the release configuration, I have no problem but when I try to do that in debug configuration, I get the following error. I am building using Visual Studio 2005. Reading some of the forums on other websites, I think the issue is that iamt.lib was built in the release configuration and one cannot use it in debug configuration build.

iamt.lib(iamt_os_win.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall std::_Tree

What is the solution? Is there an iamtd.lib that is provided? If not,can I build it myself? How?

Thanks,
Hassan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Are you using the correct version of the library? I guess that you are building this in a multithreaded environment. Depending on the MT/MD flag originally used for compiling your application, you need to use iamt.lib or iamtdyn.lib included in the SDK.

Please refer to Linking with the Intel-Supplied ISV Storage Library for Microsoft Windows* section in the SDK user guide for details on this. Let us know if you still have issues.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
hasyed
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

The documentation does not mention which library to include for the /MTd option (Multi-threaded debug).

When I include iamt.lib, I got the following errors
LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __initp_misc_invarg already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __invoke_watson already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)

So, I added an option to ignore libcmt.lib. If I do that, then I get the error that I mentioned in the initial post

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

I checked with SDK team and found that you need to build your own iamtd.lib for using in the debug mode. The source can be found at src/StorageLib folder.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
hasyed
Beginner
Thanks. It works now. I built a debug version of the library (iamtd.lib). Support was impressive.
0 Kudos