Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

MEC1428 firmware source code for 11th gen reference design board needed

Miles-S
Beginner

There are only 2 references to MEC1428 Ive found when searching the message boards but my EE at work designing a SOM says the 11th gen reference design includes a MEC1428 EC. 

After some fishing and flailing around on various intel.com subsites I managed to find that this document "612924_TGL_UP3_RVP_UG_Rev2p0.pdf" found by searching here when triple logged on I could then view this document where the MEC1428 is referenced. But searc

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/platforms/details/tiger-lake-up3/docs.html?q=612924&s=Relevancy

But there is no mention of where to get this MEC1428 firmware let alone the source code for the firmware. I am looking to modify the default MEC1428 firmware used in the reference design to control 1 digital out by taking a command from the host/CPU through the eSPI interface which is a whole different piece of sample code/driver that I need. Will need communication sample code to talk to the EC from a Windows or Linux host OS running on our 11th gen CPU.

I have a Developer Zone Premier Account which Im guessing is not high enough clearance to be able to see the stuff I am looking for. It would be great to know that was the case instead of guessing.

I have some sample code from Microchip but fairly sure this is not the reference design code that my EE engineer believes passes the MEC1428 UART directly to the host OS as a COM1/COM2 device. Microchip also has no sample eSPI communication code that talks to the MEC1428 from the Host CPU.

There are newer MEC processors that appear to have some sort of SDK to communicate with the MEC from the host CPU but still no sample skeleton hello world type of source code. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am spinning my wheels.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
beachmiles
Beginner
0 Kudos