Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

Manageability Commander Tool.exe crashes, won't run

jamesartflores
Beginner

I installed the latest version of the Intel Manageability Developer Tool Kit, when I try to run the Manageability Commander Tool, the program crashes and won't run. I have tried installing the latest version of the .NET framework, this didn't work, I uninstalled the latest and installed .NET framework 2.0 and it still crashes, my OS is Windows XP Service Pack 3 with latest updates. The error I get is:

"Manageability Commander Tool.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

The contents of the error report file appcompat.txt is pasted below. Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Judy_H_Intel
Employee

Hi jamesartflores,
It sounds as though maybe you haven't provisioned your system yet. You mentioned the OS, but can you tell us about what system you are running this on?What version AMT is installed and the driver version? That should help us to resolve your issue.

Cheers,
Judy

0 Kudos
jamesartflores
Beginner
Hi Judy - this system is a Dell Optiplex 755, it is a test box, and I didn't think it needed to be provisioned in order to run the Commander Console Tool. I checked the status of it just now, and it is not provisioned. I will provision it and see if the software runs after that. Thanks!

Art
0 Kudos
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi jamesartflores,
I checked with a couple of other engineers and they tell me they are certain it is likely the wrong framework. That is, you need the .Net 3.5 to run the Commander Tool. They also suggested that it may be a 64-bit versus 32-bit issue. That is, your system may be 32 bit, but you are installing the 64-bit .Net. So you might take a look at that and see if that might be the issue.

Cheers,
Judy
0 Kudos
jamesartflores
Beginner
Hi Judy,

I have provisioned the machine, installed 3.5 Framework, and it still crashes. I am pretty sure this is the 32-bit version for XP, my directories show c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\, and not ..\Framework64\.

I am running AMT version 3.2.60. I also installed the latest versions of the Dell drivers for HECI and SOL.

Thanks.

Art
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Could you verify that you can access Intel AMT on your system via the WebUI?

From your management console, go to the followoing URL: http://:16992 - you should get a login screen allowing you to logon to Intel AMT on your client. If you have enabled your AMT client to use TLS communications you will need to type in the following url: https://:16993

0 Kudos
jamesartflores
Beginner
Greetings,

Yes,I canaccessIntel AMT on the Dell Optiplex 755 test box from another machine using Internet Explorer 9 andhttp:// address>:16992.

As a test, I uninstalled the latest version of the Intel AMT Developer Tool kit, and installed an older version that I have held onto due to the inconsistent results I have seen with the Intel AMT Commander - Console Tool.

Version 0.43.0 of the Intel AMT Developer Tool Kit works, I can run this version on my Dell Optiplex 755 test box.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Good to know. Have you tried the Open Source DTK? Get it -->here<--
0 Kudos
jamesartflores
Beginner
No I haven't, I will download and try it tomorrow, thanks for posting the link.
0 Kudos
jamesartflores
Beginner
The Open Source DTK worked on the first try, thanks again for posting that link :>)
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Good to know! Thanks for reporting back.
0 Kudos