Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Management Engine Interface Issues

Tommy_M_
Beginner

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the bet place to post this, so forgive me if this belongs elsewhere. I did actually find similar issues mentioned in this forum, but none of the solutions suggested seemed to work for me. Rather than bump an old thread, I thought it best to start a new one. 

Anyway, I recently built a rig using a ASRock z97 board. I've updated all drivers but have found that the Intel Management Engine device is not functioning (listed with a big yellow bang in my device manager with a message that says it cannot start and code 10). I've downloaded the drivers from ASRock's own site. In this case, the driver was version 10.0.0.1204. I also searched for a compatible driver on Intel's site and came up empty handed. All the drivers for this device that I could find here proved incompatible.

I was speaking with a more tech savvy friend who suggested this might also be related to a problem I am having with Sleep Mode. My PC seems to crash anytime it enters into Sleep Mode (or fail to wake up). There has been no BSOD though.

Other things I have tried include uninstalling and reinstalling the driver (with system restarts between of course), downloading Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11, making sure my INF is also up to date, and even checking the RAM (I had read somewhere that this issue was sometimes caused by faulty RAM). I should also like to note that my BIOS is the latest version as listed on the manufacture's website. I've already contacted the manufacturer about this issue and their best solution was to do a fresh install of windows. So now I come here in hopes of other insights.

A short list of my system's specifications are below, but if any further information is needed, please let me know.

GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ
SSD (for boot): Kingston 120gb
HDD: Western Digital 1TB
ODD: Asus CD/DVD RW
PSU: Seasonic 520W
RAM: 2x Corsair 4GB
And of course
Motherboard: ASRock z79 Extreme4

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Hello,

I have not read through the whole thread, but your system does not have vPro technology:  http://ark.intel.com/products/75048/Intel-Core-i5-4670K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz

I don't know what version of the ME it would need since it doesn't support vPro - probably some smaller build.  YOUR board manufacturer should be able to tell you which one you need.  

But this doesn't sound like an ME issue since your system is crashing when you put it to sleep.  You could try the driver update utility: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu

Maybe the tool will work to find out which driver you need.

Also if you go out to the ark.intel.com link above and click on software downloads, you will see a lot of graphics drivers - maybe your graphics driver is acting up?

Gael

0 Kudos
neil_m_1
Beginner

Hi

After installing Intel Management Engine 11.0.0.1181 i am getting restarts and crashing. I had windows 7 installed and had this issue so i did a fresh install of windows 10 x64. I updated the latest IME driver and had the same issues. My motherboard is a z97 gaming 9 ack and with the latest bios updated. I have fully tested my system and only experience crashing on this version of IME driver. If i go back to a older driver i don't have a problem and no crashing. I am under the impression there is a problem with this driver and it does need to be addressed as it does cause problems with booting up and data corruption due to the crashing. Trying to find why the fault is happening is hard and if intel want anymore info then let me know and i can give you a list of all my devices as it took me a while to figure out it was this driver causing my problems. Cheers

0 Kudos
Radhesh_P_
Beginner

Hi,

I am having problem with the Intel Management Engine Interface, I cannot roll back my driver or update my driver. Since,I have upgraded to windows 10 my laptop is having problems with sleep and shutdown and hence i tried to roll back the engine interface. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hello,

What platform are you running (like OEM system?)  If you updated the OS, you will need to go to your OEM's Support site and get the correct MEI drivers and LMS/IMSS software for your system.  If you are still having issues, you may need to reflash your firmware - which your OEM support site should have as well.

Gael

0 Kudos
Crericper
Beginner

Hello. 

I've looked up my oem37.inf, inside there it was something like this: 

; ************************************************************
; **  Filename: SkylakeSystemGMM.inf                        **
; **  Abstract: Assigns the null driver to devices          **
; **            for yellow-bang removal and                 **
; **            brands Intel(R) devices                     ** 

Hope this helps! 

p.s. Try use Everything, it has superpower on searching files! 

0 Kudos