Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

MeshCommander 0.6.8 Uncaught TypeError : Cannot read property 'getPeerCertificate' of null

CBial
Beginner

Hello!

My usage scenario is as follows: I have vPro machine NUC7i5DNH on the internal network. Via router port forwarding the 16993 port is exposed on the internet (IPv4). Now, connecting to the external ip:16993 with MeshCommander v 0.6.8.

All seems to work except for Remote Desktop and SOL. First click to open Remote Desktop Connection gives the following in debug (yes, i am running MeshCommander.exe -debug)

1. commander.htm:18 - Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getPeerCertificate' of null
  2. commander.htm:18 - g.getPeerCertificateFingerprint
  3. commander.htm:1251 - connectDesktop
  4. commander.htm:1 - onclick

The result is that connection is not possible.

Can you re-create the issue? Can this be fixed in MeshCommander?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Chris

The ports 166992 (non TLLS) and 16994 (TLS) are used for authentication and AMT management,

However when we talk about AMT KVM (remote Desktop), and Redirection (IDE-R, USB-R, SOL) we move to 16994 (non TLS) and 16995 (TLS).

From the description you are using, you will need to forward 16993 and 16995

Joe.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Chris

The ports 166992 (non TLLS) and 16994 (TLS) are used for authentication and AMT management,

However when we talk about AMT KVM (remote Desktop), and Redirection (IDE-R, USB-R, SOL) we move to 16994 (non TLS) and 16995 (TLS).

From the description you are using, you will need to forward 16993 and 16995

Joe.

0 Kudos
CBial
Beginner

Joseph,

Thanks for that. So simple... I was simply misled by the fact that if MeshCommander is being run in firmware mode it is using only single port...

Sorry for trouble.

Chris

0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Chris. Your are right that when loaded in firmware, MeshCommander will do SOL/KVM using a web socket on port 16992/3. However, you got my attention... the problem reported above with "-debug" is not related to the firmware version of MeshCommander. I am curious, can you give me context as to what you are doing?

If you got the standalone MeshCommander to show these errors in the debug console, I have things I need to fix! I would really like to replicate this.

Thanks in advance,
Ylian

0 Kudos
CBial
Beginner

Ylian,

What I did was as follows:

1. I had NUC7i5DNH with certificate loaded facilitating TLS connection. NUC stayed on internal private network

2. I had forwarding enabled ONLY for port 16993 to allow connection from internet.

3. Connected with MeshCommander outside of internal network to my router, port 16993. Connection  was succesfull and certificate accepted.

4. Clicked connect on remote desktop part of Mesh Commander - this is the moment where the exception appears. And it appears only on first click on connect after Mesh Commander is started. Even disconnecting Mesh Commander from AMT and reconnecting again and clicking on KVM connect again does not re-generate the exception.

This is the whole scenario...

Kind regards,

Chris.

0 Kudos