Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Need IP? - managed sockets with IMR_InitEx in Redirection Library

inbrian
Beginner
In the redirection library, IMR_InitEx allows an application to custom manage sockets. IMR_AddClient then requires a unique IP address to be passed when adding a client. The documentation states that the IP address must be unique and non-null.

However, when an application is custom managing sockets, there will not necessarily be an IP address associated with the connection. Is there another way to add a client, or will I need to make up unique ip addresses to pass the library which will not be used for anything?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
inbrian
Beginner
Quoting - inbrian
In the redirection library, IMR_InitEx allows an application to custom manage sockets. IMR_AddClient then requires a unique IP address to be passed when adding a client. The documentation states that the IP address must be unique and non-null.

However, when an application is custom managing sockets, there will not necessarily be an IP address associated with the connection. Is there another way to add a client, or will I need to make up unique ip addresses to pass the library which will not be used for anything?

I suppose since the ID must also be unique, I could just pass that as a hostname in the ip field and it would work.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - inbrian

I suppose since the ID must also be unique, I could just pass that as a hostname in the ip field and it would work.

That's actually what I was thinking but I was going to look through our docs for verificationbefore I responded. I'll let you know if I find out otherwise.
0 Kudos