Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and the technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
1355 Discussions

New AMT Driver for 4 Series Chipset-Based Intel Desktop Boards

nor500
Beginner

There is a new functionality of the new amt driverVer:5.1.0.1167according to intel: This driver enables the remote display of managed client's user interface through management console...
Can somebody explain what does that mean? How can I use this new function with intel managabality developer toolkit?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - nor500

There is a new functionality of the new amt driverVer:5.1.0.1167according to intel: This driver enables the remote display of managed client's user interface through management console...
Can somebody explain what does that mean? How can I use this new function with intel managabality developer toolkit?

Thanks in advance

Hi Nor500,

From the Download page:
Installs the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) driver version 5.1.0.1167.This driver enables the remote display of managed client's user interface through management console and emulates serial communication over a standard network connection.

----------------------------------------------
This is the driver that your Intel AMT version 5.1 system needs in order to do a Serial-over-Lan connection. You would not need (or want to install) this driver until you upgrade your system to the AMT 5.1 version. The DTK does support Serial-Over-Lan (SOL) connections - there is an option to "Take Control", however I do not believe that the DTK has been updated to handle any of the new features in AMT release 5.1.

Let us know if you have further questions?