Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

New AMT Driver for 4 Series Chipset-Based Intel Desktop Boards

nor500
Beginner

There is a new functionality of the new amt driverVer:5.1.0.1167according to intel: This driver enables the remote display of managed client's user interface through management console...
Can somebody explain what does that mean? How can I use this new function with intel managabality developer toolkit?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - nor500

There is a new functionality of the new amt driverVer:5.1.0.1167according to intel: This driver enables the remote display of managed client's user interface through management console...
Can somebody explain what does that mean? How can I use this new function with intel managabality developer toolkit?

Thanks in advance

Hi Nor500,

From the Download page:
Installs the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) driver version 5.1.0.1167.This driver enables the remote display of managed client's user interface through management console and emulates serial communication over a standard network connection.

----------------------------------------------
This is the driver that your Intel AMT version 5.1 system needs in order to do a Serial-over-Lan connection. You would not need (or want to install) this driver until you upgrade your system to the AMT 5.1 version. The DTK does support Serial-Over-Lan (SOL) connections - there is an option to "Take Control", however I do not believe that the DTK has been updated to handle any of the new features in AMT release 5.1.

Let us know if you have further questions?
0 Kudos